“THE best Spanish school! Highly recommended!”

Latin American Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: Latin American Spanish School is a non profit company, the owners are teachers from San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua with more than 13 years of teaching Spanish like second language. We offer many different courses for all levels, beginner to advanced, and special courses for professionals, travelers, investors, children and more. Come and learn Spanish living like a Nicaraguan people in a nica-families, knowing and living our culture affected for many years for the U.S.A policy!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“THE best Spanish school! Highly recommended!”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Learn Spanish and more about Nicaragua, in a nice 'Tranquilo' atmosphere.
The teachers are great!

12 Thank Git72

Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“WORTH IT!”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

The town (and surrounding area) of San Juan is good for surfing, good food, meeting good people, and especially for learning Spanish. As for the Spanish part or it, the teachers are very nice, unbelievable patient, and easy to get along with. They really want to help you speak the language. Some speak English more than the others. My teacher, actually, spoke very little English, and I spoke very little Spanish. However, I learned an enormous amount from her. The classes/teachers are very flexible. You can learn as much or as little as you desire. I stayed with a family while I was there too, which happended to be much better than anticipated. The family stay is contracted through the school. The family stay is, also, optional. There are activities peppered into the week, during the afternoons or evenings, too. I was there for a month and was met by a friend who studied for a week. My friend said that though she (re)learned almost 2 semesters of Spanish in her 20hrs of study with this school.
Altogether, my experience was amazing, and I learned so much! Not only are you learning a language, but you learn about the people and the culture through the eyes of a nicaraguense. All of the teachers are native to the town/area of San Juan! I found it convenient, too, that I get help around town (directions, places to go, events, goings-on, etc.) from any of the teachers. The reason I picked the school was because I received an email only one or two days after emailing them. I figured it was a school/place I could trust!

Visited June 2011
11 Thank tripadqwert
Bergen, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Going to San Juan del Sur? I will definitively recommend to study spanish at this school !”
Reviewed December 12, 2010

If you want to learn spanish, have fun teachers and get classes especially designed to your level, this is the place. I have studied spanish at several schools in Spain, but the truth is, that the stay at this language school in San Juan del Sur was the best of them all . The reasons is so many: Of course you have the school itself -the teachers are funny and warm people that meets you with entusiasm and encourage-I cant say enough good words about them. All the teachers have several years experience, which means a lot for your learning experience. There are several language school in San Juan del Sur, so the competition is high, but many of them lacks teachers with experience, or are located outside the city center, or in a restaurant and so on , so in my opinion, the Latin American Spanish School is the best choice.

I will also recommend to live in a family, because this is the best way to get to know the nicaraguan people and their daily life. My family lived in the city center, and from the first day they welcomed me as a familymember. They were so hospitable, made fantastic food (the nicaraguan food is really good), and treated me as a part of their family -I couldnt stayed a better place.

It is also to mention that San Juan del Sur is a beautiful city, and it is easy to get to know people. The school helps with activities in the sparetime, either you want to go on excursion/ visit other places in beatiful Nicaragua, try surfing (I tried it for the first time, and it was really funny!), take a trip to one of the many beatiful beaches, or meet other students/teachers in the night for a walk in the streets- or maybe go out dancing :) Nicaragua is at all a good choice when studying spanish. I travelled on my own this time, and if it is the first time you visit the country, I would recommend to ask the school to organize that a taxi meets you at the airport in Managua -because the capital is no place to stay. But the rest of the country is also beatiful, so if you have much time, you can combine the trip with travelling for example to Bluefields, or Isla de Ometepe, or Leon/ Granada. But no stress, I can promise you that the time flies, and that you will enjoy your stay in San Juan del Sur:)

(And yes, I will definitively go back to this school, and San Juan del Sur:)

10 Thank SiriR
Prineville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The system used combined with the teachers ability to deliver the information was top knotch.”
Reviewed February 20, 2010

I have taken several Spanish courses, and seen several different systems/materials used. I took 2 years in high school, 2 years in college, and 10 days from a Spanish school in Argentina. At the Latin American Spanish School, the way the teacher delivered the same information I had seen before was more systematic and made more sense to me. Most of the material I had seen before, but taught in this manner cultivated a deeper understanding for me. I was in Nicaragua for 5 weeks, and took 20 hours of Spanish class. With the one on one classes combined with plenty of practice outside of class I gained more Spanish speaking ability than I ever have before. By the end of my trip I was having complete conversations in Spanish, and it felt like victory.

9 Thank mat_thewood