“Worst restaurant I ate at San Juan del Sur during Easter 2013”
Review of Bambu Beach

Bambu Beach
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Maybe it changed ownership or kitchen crew, but this was the worst restaurant I ate at San Juan del Sur during Easter 2013. A good example where Trip Advisor has completely misled me (not usually the case). Seafood was completely dry and overcooked. Fish was dry, overcooked, and as thin as it gets. Not good at all.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

So, I have been here twice, and we are going again tonight for our farewell SJDS dinner with friends. Last night I ordered the bang bang chicken over Asian noodles. I must admit that it looks extraterrestrial but the overwhelming flavor is spicy Asian sesame. I did not think that it tasted like char as other reviewers have mentioned - perhaps their minds were limited by the blackness of this dish. My husband has twice ordered the fish in a banana leaf and he enjoyed it both times. Our friends come here for the Monday night sushi night and from what I hear it is well worth it. This is a nice place to bring a group and your family. It is a beautiful retreat from the surfer mentality that permeates the down town.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stopped here several times for drinks and for an evening meal. The Mojitos were fantastic. Food was also of the same caliber. Sits right on the beach with great views of the bay and sunsets.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

On our last night in SJDS we had an impromptu get together with 6 adults and 4 kids. The staff was excellent in setting up a table.Giving the meals for the kids a priority and treating the adults well.The flounder was terrific. Have been here many times and will continue to visit. The mojitos are great.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

The Bang Bang chicken was the only detractor. It looked unappealing. My wife couldn't bring herself to eat it. The mixed seafood grill was excellent. The kids should bring bathing suits and a soccer ball. There is a pool out back and the beach is equipped with soccer goals. Our boys and girls really enjoyed it