TripAdvisor
San Juan del Sur
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews costa dulce yoga studio honor bar neighboring beaches paddle boarding rooms are beautifully designed food restrictions beautiful sand surf yoga turtle sanctuary beach shack every morning local community the entire staff beautiful open air day bed fresh meals
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

I just had a wonderful vacation at Verdad. Firstly, the staff was excellent. They were always available to help with arranging for our activities and the place was spotless. The Breakfast in the morning was delicious and each morning there was always a selection of fresh fruit. The ocean beach was amazing and sunsets spectacular. The place has a boutique and relaxed feel. After my vacation my stress level was way down. Bravo Verdad!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Dylan S, Manager at VERDAD NICARAGUA BEACH HOTEL & RETREAT, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2018

Thanks Freddy we are glad you were able to destress during your stay with us!

Reviewed January 12, 2018

A beautiful place to completely relax or to use as a base for exploring this amazing region. The rooms are beautifully designed with clean lines and spectacular ocean views. The rooms are highlighted by beautiful woodwork and tiles. And the rain shower in the bathroom is a nice touch. What I particularly loved was listening to the sound of the ocean waves breaking as I fell asleep and again as I awoke.

The staff is welcoming, attentive and makes you feel as if this is your home away from home. In addition to keeping the resort immaculate.

The food was very fresh and delicious. There was a nice varied local menu and the chef was always ready to accommodate any food restrictions. I especially enjoyed the fresh juices at breakfast such at watermelon and cantaloupe.

I can't wait to come back!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thanks Nanette hope so see you back soon!

Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough good things about my stay at Verdad. Extremely remote, expect to wake up to a breathtaking view and not be able to look away. The beach is close enough to walk down to, and be prepared for a quiet, calm day of surf, swim, and relaxation. The food provided by an amazing local chef is quintessential and authentic Nicaraguan cuisine. The owners and staff are incredibly friendly and relaxed, and very accommodating. There’s so many options for things to do, from horseback riding to surf lessons to massages (which I did all of and had a blast doing so) but if you prefer having a drink or two by the pool and relax all day, this is the perfect spot for that too. I’m already planning my next trip to show more of my friends how amazing this place is!
Thank you verdad for your incredible hospitality and company!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Glad you enjoyed your stay hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 10, 2018

My husband & I just loved our experience here at Verdad! We were cancelled on by another hotel in the area and found Verdad on a whim. So happy we did!
We are definitely the type of adventurous people that love the off the beaten path gems-and that is exactly what this is!

The vibe is so welcoming & friendly! Dylan took such great care of us during our stay. Owned by a NY family that was so welcoming and helpful as well. All smiles, all good vibes and the people we met along the way were just awesome. A cool jungle trail leads to the beach where very few people are & it is just gorgeous!

Food was fantastic as well and we literally had meals just us two with sweeping views. If you are the adventurous type who wants clean, chill, intimate & good food in a breathtaking environment -Verdad is definitely for you!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Very glad you found us as well! So happy we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one!

Reviewed January 10, 2018

Verdad Costa Dulce is a rare balance between luxury and off-the-grid. It's hard to get there. It's not exactly easy to get around. But... that's what makes is awesome. Quiet, luxurious and the food is top notch, simple, but very well done. Expect to climb some steps to:from your villa. But expect that hike to be worth it whether uphill to the main area or down to the beach. Lovely owners, helpful staff. This is where you logoff in all the right ways.

Room Tip: If you have older guests, request a room "at the top of the hill."

Room tip: Great views from all villas, solid food, lovely staff, off-the grid
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks Thom hope you come back soon!