Casa Oro is the perfect location for the adventurous traveler. This hostel has all the accommodations and information one would want for exploring the area of San Juan Del Sur including the rest of the country of Nicaragua. The hostel has a very tranquillo environment, perfect for cooking, lounging, watching surf videos and meeting other young beach goers. It is a surfers dream for the convenience of the reliable shuttle services to a variety of beaches. The staff working at Casa Oro is also very helpful and friendly. The ladies at the front desk are very gracious and as agreed with the previous commenter, Chely “the do it all guy” is one of a kind. Having traveled many places, I have never met a more welcoming employee. His charismatic personality and insight made our trip a once in a lifetime experience. If you are a surfer, the boat trips he offers are a MUST. It is a perfect opportunity to get to the secluded off the map waves without the crowds. Chely is also is a phenomenal surf instructor, all my friends were catching waves in 2 days. I basically wanted to write this review for the main purpose of giving Chely more exposure. He is a true diamond if the rough and made our trip so memorable its one for the books.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Oro was the first hostel and surf school in San Juan del Sur. Before that it was an obligatory spot on the historic gold route through Central America. Today, Casa Oro is the first eco-hostel in San Juan del Sur, part of the Circulo Initiative, a family of for purpose businesses in pursuit of regeneration. Tourism growth and development often leave destructive side effects for cultures, communities and the environment. It doesn’t have to be like this though. We find inspiration in how nature works and use this as our compass for holistic creation. In everything we do, our aim is to leave places better than we found them. So far, it’s working. -- Just a hop, skip and a jump from the beach, Casa Oro offers a variety of budget-friendly accommodations designed with conscious backpackers in mind. We have both dorms and private rooms available. All of our dorm beds come equipped with privacy curtains for your convenience. The second and third floor boast a balcony that wraps around the entire building. A scrumptious breakfast is included with any stay along with free Wi-Fi, lockers (bring your own lock), free filtered water and access to a communal kitchen. Friendly vibes and hugs are also included at no extra charge. Our beach shuttles are conveniently located just outside the front door, surf school is downstairs and there’s even a RestoCafe/Bar, so all you’ve gotta do is roll out of bed and everything’s at your fingertips. We’ve also got donation-based yoga classes regularly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Casa Oro Eco Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Oro Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa Oro Eco Hostel Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur