I stayed at Casa Oro at the end of May and very much enjoyed my stay. The place is almost always full so it's a great place to make new friends and travel mates.
- Comfy beds ( 7.50 US a night)
- Beach shuttles every day
- Surf Lessons ( Alfredo was awesome!)
- Taxis and shuttles
- Chicken Lady across the street ( really cheap bbq food)
- Free movies on big screen
- Free Internet
- Showers didn't always have water
- Chairs and benches in communal area aren't as comfortable ( bamboo chair anyone)
- Some staff were not that friendly telling some they were getting kicked out tomorrow because of a big reservation ( why wasn't that info provided in a friendlier manner?)
- Security guard would come by and tell almost the entire people staying at the hostel to be quiet when we were all talking in a group and it wasn't 11 pm which is quiet time. He would come around 9 or 10 pm and tell us to be quiet and started to turn the fans off and the lights off on us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Oro was the first hostel and surf school in San Juan del Sur. Before that it was an obligatory spot on the historic gold route through Central America. Today, Casa Oro is the first eco-hostel in San Juan del Sur, part of the Circulo Initiative, a family of for purpose businesses in pursuit of regeneration. Tourism growth and development often leave destructive side effects for cultures, communities and the environment. It doesn’t have to be like this though. We find inspiration in how nature works and use this as our compass for holistic creation. In everything we do, our aim is to leave places better than we found them. So far, it’s working. -- Just a hop, skip and a jump from the beach, Casa Oro offers a variety of budget-friendly accommodations designed with conscious backpackers in mind. We have both dorms and private rooms available. All of our dorm beds come equipped with privacy curtains for your convenience. The second and third floor boast a balcony that wraps around the entire building. A scrumptious breakfast is included with any stay along with free Wi-Fi, lockers (bring your own lock), free filtered water and access to a communal kitchen. Friendly vibes and hugs are also included at no extra charge. Our beach shuttles are conveniently located just outside the front door, surf school is downstairs and there’s even a RestoCafe/Bar, so all you’ve gotta do is roll out of bed and everything’s at your fingertips. We’ve also got donation-based yoga classes regularly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Casa Oro Eco Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Oro Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa Oro Eco Hostel Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur