I stayed at Casa Oro for about 3 weeks with a friend of mine. It is an awesome place! The staff are all amazing; Get to know them, they ended up being some of the best friends I've made on my entire 3 month trip. Casa Oro is located in the perfect location. It is one street up from the beach and all the bars which makes a very short walk without having to deal with the noise late at night. It is also only a 30 second walk to laundry facilities and the markets where you can buy all of your necessities. There are beach shuttles every single day that leave directly from the doorstep and also it's own surf shop right inside where you can rent surf boards for the day and even sign up for lessons. The hostel is equipped with a kitchen, a rooftop bar, lounge areas, dorm rooms and private bedrooms for very reasonable prices (with AC!!). The dorm rooms are all nice; Most have private bathrooms equipped with a shower, toilet and sink. The rooms also have well-working fans to keep you cool at night. The beds are comfortable and are very clean. If you are heading to San Juan, you MUST stay at Casa Oro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Oro was the first hostel and surf school in San Juan del Sur. Before that it was an obligatory spot on the historic gold route through Central America. Today, Casa Oro is the first eco-hostel in San Juan del Sur, part of the Circulo Initiative, a family of for purpose businesses in pursuit of regeneration. Tourism growth and development often leave destructive side effects for cultures, communities and the environment. It doesn’t have to be like this though. We find inspiration in how nature works and use this as our compass for holistic creation. In everything we do, our aim is to leave places better than we found them. So far, it’s working. -- Just a hop, skip and a jump from the beach, Casa Oro offers a variety of budget-friendly accommodations designed with conscious backpackers in mind. We have both dorms and private rooms available. All of our dorm beds come equipped with privacy curtains for your convenience. The second and third floor boast a balcony that wraps around the entire building. A scrumptious breakfast is included with any stay along with free Wi-Fi, lockers (bring your own lock), free filtered water and access to a communal kitchen. Friendly vibes and hugs are also included at no extra charge. Our beach shuttles are conveniently located just outside the front door, surf school is downstairs and there’s even a RestoCafe/Bar, so all you’ve gotta do is roll out of bed and everything’s at your fingertips. We’ve also got donation-based yoga classes regularly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Casa Oro Eco Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Oro Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa Oro Eco Hostel Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur