Spent New Year's in San Juan del Sur and wanted to stay somewhere fun. Casa Oro is in a good location and is where to go to get shuttles to the best beaches. They also ran the turtle hatching tour we went on, which was amazing. We had booked a private room, but were not aware that they only had one with separate beds. We were supposed to get that room, but they had accidentally given it away. They gave us a discount on our tour to make up for it. I liked the place in general although there are so many beds that it felt crowded and not everyone staying there was very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Oro was the first hostel and surf school in San Juan del Sur. Before that it was an obligatory spot on the historic gold route through Central America. Today, Casa Oro is the first eco-hostel in San Juan del Sur, part of the Circulo Initiative, a family of for purpose businesses in pursuit of regeneration. Tourism growth and development often leave destructive side effects for cultures, communities and the environment. It doesn’t have to be like this though. We find inspiration in how nature works and use this as our compass for holistic creation. In everything we do, our aim is to leave places better than we found them. So far, it’s working. -- Just a hop, skip and a jump from the beach, Casa Oro offers a variety of budget-friendly accommodations designed with conscious backpackers in mind. We have both dorms and private rooms available. All of our dorm beds come equipped with privacy curtains for your convenience. The second and third floor boast a balcony that wraps around the entire building. A scrumptious breakfast is included with any stay along with free Wi-Fi, lockers (bring your own lock), free filtered water and access to a communal kitchen. Friendly vibes and hugs are also included at no extra charge. Our beach shuttles are conveniently located just outside the front door, surf school is downstairs and there’s even a RestoCafe/Bar, so all you’ve gotta do is roll out of bed and everything’s at your fingertips. We’ve also got donation-based yoga classes regularly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Casa Oro Eco Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Oro Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa Oro Eco Hostel Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur