“Best Spanish Classes I've taken.”
Review of Spanish Ya

Spanish Ya
More attraction details
Owner description: Spanish Ya, is a Spanish language school in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Our Spanish school offers weekly programs that include 20 hours of Spanish lessons, home-stay in private rooms with bathroom (this is from Sunday to Sunday morning, on site at the school or with a host family), three meals every day, purified water, and, also three afternoon activities during the week. Living with a Nica family, you will be immersed in a Spanish environment where you will have the opportunity to integrate into the community and use your Spanish in varied real-life situations.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed August 18, 2013

As soon as I arrived in Nicaragua, Yajira, the owner of the school made me feel comfortable and welcomed. She immediately took me next door to my homestay, which was great. The family was large, friendly, helpful, and generous. I was stretched a little out of my comfort zone because the house was pretty open, and thus there were a lot of animals around (turtles, bats, birds, iguanas). However, I feel that the experience was worth it and I feel I have grown because of it.
The classes were great. Sugey, my teacher was kind, patient, and knowledgeable. I feel like I learned more than I ever have from taking Spanish classes.
The activities with the school were fun as well, and all in all I think this is an amazing value for your money. I highly recommend.

3  Thank ALI924

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

At Spanish ya I received sone of the best language teaching I have ever had. It was all one to one teaching in a breezy and pleasant coartyard near water. My teacher, Zaira, was encouraging but also challenged me, including lots of interesting and enjoyable conversation practice each day. I chose the homestay option and got a lot out of it.

1  Thank micahrs
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had two great teachers over one week who helped me converse in everyday terms. Really enjoyed the chilled out of the main area location (only 5 mins walk from main streets) but the homestay was odd. We thought it would be total immersion in only speaking Spanish with the family but only the grandad sat with us at dinner and wasn't overly conversational. Good experience with the homestay but the lessons were the best. Highly recommend it.

5  Thank 17_AB
SpanishYa, Owner at Spanish Ya, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear 17_AB, thank you very much for taking your time and write a review on our school, it is well appreciated and also, if I would known the issue about the family earlier; I personally would talked to the family or definitely place you with a different host family since our first concern is to provide the best Spanish experience to our students. Thank you!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I studied spanish at Spanish Ya for two weeks, and I was very impressed with the school. All of the teachers are very professional, and the lessons are very well structured. With one on one lessons you get the most out of your time and you will definitely learn a lot! I did the homestay option and I would definitely recommend that as well. I think it's easier to focus on studying and immersing yourself in the language when you're staying with a spanish-speaking family rather than in a hostel\hotel with other travellers. The school also organises activities in the afternoons which is fun. This must be the best school in San Juan and I would love to go back!

3  Thank Ellen Marte S
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I loved my teacher at Spanish Ya, she was patient, kind and had many years experience teaching both English and Spanish people Spanish. I also did the home stay option and got to meet students from other schools. It became clear that the structure of Spanish Ya far exceeded other schools in the area where in some cases students were given a long list of useless nouns to learn rather than focusing on the structure and understanding the language. My family I stayed with we're also really lovely and sweet. Over all I would recommend Spamish Ya to anyone, ask for Juanita she was my teacher and she was amazing!!

1  Thank Rachel N