Not my first trip to Nicaragua and my fifth visit to San Juan del Sur. Just wanted to try something different from Pelican Eyes and Palermo (other options in town). First the good news. The view is magnificent indeed. The villas are nice, or would have been in the 80s when they were built. Nice and spacious (3 bedrooms). Bathrooms in need of attention (ours were just dirty; soap scum in the shower and the glass plate around the shower knob, nice to have two wash basins but they weren't clean and smelled bad). Living room is just basic. The kitchen could do with some work. Would be nice if the living areas were airconditioned as well, not just the bedrooms. Maybe the other villas are nice in which case stay away from No. 8. Now the pool which is important to me if you're not impressed by the beach (dark brown very fine sand and high silica): Its small. And in keeping with the cleanliness standard in the villa bathrooms, its filthy. Three days I was there, the water got progressively murky. They never ran the filtration system if there was one. They would just come and fish out the leaves n insects once a day. I couldn't smell any chlorine as you would in every pool. That was a huge disappointment. And I think I picked up a skin infection while I was there, though can't be certain.
Overall, I am amazed at the rave reviews here. To be fair, the only thing going for it are the comfortable bedrooms, fantastic view and spaciousness. Oh, and it's cheap...certainly cheaper than Palermo or Pelican Eyes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property has 9 villas, and 2 pools.1 pool for adults, and 1 children's pool. Each villa is made up of 2 floors, and each one features 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a living room, a dining room, and a kitchen. In the master bedroom there is 1 King size bed, the second bedroom has 2 twin size beds, and the third bedroom has 1 queen size bed. The 3 bedrooms are located on the top floor (second floor). The main room with 1 king size bed has its own private bathroom, and the other 2 rooms share a bathroom. The rooms have central air conditioning and the master control is located in the main room. On the ground floor we have the living room, dining room and kitchen. On this floor we have a ceiling fan and a half bath (a toilet). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bahia del Sol Villas & Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Villas And Condominiums
- Bahia Del Sol Villas & Condominiums Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Bahia Del Sol Villas & Condominiums Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur