This is a letter I sent to the friendly folks at Bahia del Sol after returning back to the US:
I expected great things in San Juan Del Sur and at Bahia Del Sol. If I had any anxiety prior to arriving, it was due to my desire to impress my guests and have them leave your country with a great feeling. The folks that traveled with me don't get a lot of time off from work, and I felt a little pressure about the idea that they were entrusting their precious time and money with my ideas for a vacation.
Well, my expectations were far exceeded in every possible way. The staff at Bahia Del Sol went above and beyond to more than satisfy all of our requests and needs. From the email conversations with Nesthor prior to our journey, to the personal interactions with Nesthor and Gladis during our visit, I couldn't have envisioned a more respectful and hospitable experience. The various excursions and drivers that we were set up with during our stay were professional and courteous beyond description. As an example, the two guys that took us on a surfing, fishing, swimming, and snorkeling tour were absolutely AMAZING! We were all overly-impressed with how hard they worked to show us a memorable experience. I would recommend those guys as first class to anyone. Also, our driver from and to Managua, Rafael, was a pleasure to be with every moment of the way. This list isn't complete, but I'll just say that all of these folks embody the warmth and spirit that make any vacation--and any country--a spectacular one!
All of the people that we encountered in San Juan Del Sur (and everywhere we found ourselves in Nicaragua for that matter) were delightful. At no time did any of us feel unsafe in any way. Perhaps this is due to the fact that we were advised by our driver and the staff of Bahia to avoid certain areas at night, but that is yet again a reflection of the professionalism and warmth of all who served us: People who take it upon themselves to care about the safety and welfare of others. (By the way, there are plenty of places here in San Diego that we all know to avoid at night - it goes without saying.) My friends and I had one of the most memorable vacation experiences of a lifetime as the result of choosing to make San Juan Del Sur and your resort our vacation destination. With the deepest sincerity, I appreciate all of you and all of the people that you put us in touch with during our stay at Bahia Del Sol.
Thank you so very much for everything and please feel free to contact me if there is ever a way that I can help any of you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property has 9 villas, and 2 pools.1 pool for adults, and 1 children's pool. Each villa is made up of 2 floors, and each one features 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a living room, a dining room, and a kitchen. In the master bedroom there is 1 King size bed, the second bedroom has 2 twin size beds, and the third bedroom has 1 queen size bed. The 3 bedrooms are located on the top floor (second floor). The main room with 1 king size bed has its own private bathroom, and the other 2 rooms share a bathroom. The rooms have central air conditioning and the master control is located in the main room. On the ground floor we have the living room, dining room and kitchen. On this floor we have a ceiling fan and a half bath (a toilet). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bahia del Sol Villas & Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Villas & Condominiums Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Bahia Del Sol Villas And Condominiums
- Bahia Del Sol Villas & Condominiums Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur