While travelling in Nicaragua, we made a stop at San Juan del Sur, to try our hands on surfing. Since we are managing the website villaholidayhomes.com, and one of the properties on the site is Bahia del Sol, we asked Bahia del Sol if we could stop by and review the villas. Nesthor, one of the Managers, kindly offered us to stay a night, and we said ‘okay’ !
Bahia del Sol lies in the bay of San Juan del Sur, on the hillside. Bahia del Sol therefor offers excellent views of the bay, and the town from all 9 condos. From town it is only two kilometres if you take the main road, and it costs around 60-80 Cordoba to take a taxi. When walking there is another route you can take, which leads to the beach and is only 10 minutes away. From the beach it’s another 10 minutes before you get to the main street in San Juan del Sur. It’s a pleasant walk.
Bahia has 9 villa condo’s, each with patio’s and balconies, and very tastefully furnished. The villa’s are incredibly spacious, and have an upstairs with one huge ensuite bathroom and one separate bathroom. The villas are simply said just incredibly comfortable. The living room has a wide screen TV with many English speaking channels. There is also a large TV in the main bedroom. Wi-Fi is available with no extra charge.
The kitchen is well equipped with an oven and hob, fridge, blender and a microwave. The nearest supermarket is at the end of the road, a little walk away. The villa has a book with take away and delivery options, and a phone, so you can also just call for food and have no worries about cooking or getting into town to eat.
The swimming pool is large enough, and has a small children’s pool on the side. We had the pool to ourselves and had a great time till late in the evening.
Bahia del Sol can arrange many activities that are offered in the area, such as surf lessons, days out at other beaches, or visiting nearby towns.
It’s suitable for families, and I could see myself and my partner renting out a few condo’s for us and our family. It’s perfect to have a holiday together but still have your own space and privacy. That said, also couples or groups of friends would be happy there.
Lastly, it has to be said, the staff are extremely welcoming and friendly and will go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. Thank you Nesthor for a great stay at Bahia del Sur, we’re sure to come back when in Nicaragua and highly recommend Bahia del Sol !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property has 9 villas, and 2 pools.1 pool for adults, and 1 children's pool. Each villa is made up of 2 floors, and each one features 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a living room, a dining room, and a kitchen. In the master bedroom there is 1 King size bed, the second bedroom has 2 twin size beds, and the third bedroom has 1 queen size bed. The 3 bedrooms are located on the top floor (second floor). The main room with 1 king size bed has its own private bathroom, and the other 2 rooms share a bathroom. The rooms have central air conditioning and the master control is located in the main room. On the ground floor we have the living room, dining room and kitchen. On this floor we have a ceiling fan and a half bath (a toilet). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Bahia del Sol Villas & Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Villas And Condominiums
- Bahia Del Sol Villas & Condominiums Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Bahia Del Sol Villas & Condominiums Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur