See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

+ walking distance to alot of restaurant, shop & some cultural sites like zhu heritage garden, temples
+ touch of details like tea ceremony tools, complimentary traditional chinese sweet soup in the evening
+ friendly staff ( 5 star hotel services ), feels like home
+ there's traditional chinese music performance in the evening.
+ unique heritage sites with modern bedroom. Perfect!
+ suites layout bedroom with living room, bathroom, closet & bedroom in separates area.
+ Great location

- Alley to the hotel is abit dark at night, with no sign of the hotel visible at night. will be difficult to find the hotel at night.
- no bathtub
- no available spa.

totally in love with this hotel ❤️️

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2016

Such a beautiful, quiet place - words can not describe. The ambiance was beautiful, the service was fantastic, breakfast (included) was delicious. I would give this more than 5 stars if it allowed me to!

This boutique hotel is tucked away on a back street very close to the center of things. It was such a pleasant surprise arriving here! We were welcomed with tea with treats and they even brought us each a cold soup before bedtime.

I wish I could go back ... it was absolutely my favourite in our 16 days of travel in Yunnan!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank CanadaCathy
Reviewed November 10, 2016 via mobile

Not really a guest house, not totally a hotel. Has the charm of a guest house and functionalities of a hotel. Absolutely perfect. Magnificent room, charming courts, excellent service .... All in. For a price which is quite unbelievable including a decent breakfast.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2015

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The first night was booked at Ctrip and we decided immediately to book for the 2nd when seeing the hotel in person. The room of new building is cheaper than the ones in the remodeling courtyard. While I strongly recommend you to book the room in courtyard. A small library is available in the 2nd yard together with writing brush, ink and rice paper if you want to try tradional Chinese writing. Hotel staffs are vey friendly. They even offerred ordering dinner from the outside famous restaurant for us to eat in the dinning room of hotel. If you visit Jian Shui, this is the place you should stay.

Room tip: select the room in courtyard although it's more expensive
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2015

Location
Tingziyun is set in a quiet alley of Jianshui ancient town. It's just a few minutes walk to the center of town where you can find various restaurants and try the super delicious Jianshui tofu. Many of the town's attractions are walking distance to TZY. It's the perfect base for exploring this very interesting town.

Rooms
We stayed in the new building in the cheaper rooms (about $100 USD). They were beautifully appointed with Chinese style decor that matched the feeling of the buildings. The bed was very comfortable and relatively soft. The bathrooms were extremely clean and came with lots of toiletries.

We also visited some of the more expensive rooms (about $300 USD). They are appointed in the exact same style decor, but have a lot more space. However, you can still only sleep 2 people in them. I think the larger rooms that are in the old buildings are a bit overpriced, especially considering you're in rural China.

The service here was fantastic. We speak Mandarin so there was no language gap. I can definite see some issues if you don't speak Mandarin. However, they are very patient and very kind. If you have communications issues, I would suggest writing down your request. Sometimes people are better able to understand written English.

Breakfast
Our room rate included breakfast. It is served in a cute dining room near the front of the property. They served a variety of Chinese dishes including steamed buns, porridge, rice noodles, tofu, and soy milk. It was wonderful being able to try the various traditional Chinese breakfast dishes. There is little western options. However, they do make a decent coffee.

The small things
The room came with a bit of local fruit (loquat), local tea, and a whole tea serving set. It was wonderful being able to sample some Pu'er right in our rooms. In the evening, they also provided a free Chinese style dessert soup. The staff was so kind and patient. They always smile and greet you when they walk by you.

We had such a fantastic stay at TZY. They are setting a very high bar for B&B's in China. I would love to stay there again, except I don't think I'll be visiting Jianshui anytime soon.

Date of stay: April 2015