TripAdvisor
Xiahe County
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews the owner day trip labrang monastery place to stay wonderful hotel golden week western food dutch lady tibetan culture electric blankets nice room perfect place excellent coffee like coming home hotpot high altitude food and drinks
Selected filters
Reviewed April 19, 2015

Our 3 night stay at Nirvana with our 2 young boys was blissful - the comfiest beds we'd had on a 3 week tour of China, super-clean rooms, delicious food of all varieties, an informative and fun grasslands tour. The boys cried for an hour after we'd left because they missed Wandi so much! Hopefully we can go back one day.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2015

Clary and Wandikhar were my friends in Xiahe during my five days in the town.

I did not stay at the Nirvana Hotel, but I had many meals, many pieces of Dutch Apple Cake and a few lattes at this spot. I got to witness first hand their hospitality and enthusiasm and knowledge of the Labrang area.

The restaurant is warm and cozy and the food is varied and delicious - they have a Chinese cook, and Clary cooks the Western Food herself. There isn't another place like this in Xiahe and I was sad to say goodbye. Thanks so much for the laughs and learning, Clary and Wandikhar!

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank mjamer
Reviewed March 10, 2015

our stay at the nirvana hotel was wonderful. the rooms are beautiful, the location is convienient, and above all the people are fantastic. we loved the food in the restaurant; both Chinese and western. the hotel is right across the street from the monastery, and any questions you may have will be answered by the wonderful team at Nirvana. they can also help you with tours and local guides if you are interested in that sort of thing. we can't wait until our next trip to xiahe so we can stay at Nirvana again- it is on a different level any other accommodation in xiahe.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 5, 2015

We heard about Nirvana Hotel´s cafe/restaurant from other travellers as well as our English speaking guide. We were missing a good cup of coffee after several days with green tea. We entered their venue, and the first impression is that this is a place with atmosphere and the clean, open, generous space is uncommon from anything we have seen during our 5 days in the Gansu region. Their coffee is the best in the region (no kidding), their food is great (both local and western) and they have a good selection of drinks, including good niche, and strong, beer! We briefly spoke to the owners, a Dutch woman and her local husband, and they were veryfriendly and serviceminded. Finally, you might ask if the prices are high? - We live in Shanghai, and it is for sure cheaper than Shanghai, and very reasonable also compared to local pricelevels. I would wish we had visited this place before, but then we probably wouldnt have tried other places.

Room tip: We did not stay at this hotel, but I would book this if/when back in Xiahe in the future.
Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2014

If you travel trough China and come to Xiahe I can only say that I was real lucky to come to Nirvana Hotel. Clary and Wandikhar are real nice people. Their place is an excellent warm and cosy Hotel if you spend time in the area and in Xiahe. Clean nice room, very nice restaurant were you can sit and talk. Both Clary and Wandikhar take time for you for a talk and information. You can organise trips from their and if you do trips on yourselve their help is amazing good. And the Hotel is real close to the monastery. And Claty is excellent in drawing maps ;)
This was the nicest please I spend during my tripp October 2014 trough China!!

Room tip: As far as I know all rooms are upstairs and due to place were the Nirvana Hotel is all rooms are really ok!
Date of stay: October 2014