TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Open today: 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM

All reviews tibetan family yaks horses mountains china
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

The grasslands are nice if you plan hiking. If not than you will be treated with endless stalls of kitsch vendors, a joke of a horse ride, stuffed Tibetan mastiffs etc Just have someone drop you there and continue on foot.

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank 691razvana
Reviewed November 15, 2016

Unfortunately my day to visit the grasslands poured down rain. Views were limited or non-existent. I have a few pictures of very wet yaks and some goats. Probably better in the sunshine.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed September 21, 2016

I am over 60. I wanted to travel in Sangke Grassland. Tziring - the owner of tara resturant/gesthouse in xiahe speaks English very good. He orginazied a yuong nomand guy for the all day and a taxi to get there for 300 Y . It was wonderfull day. We wander around the mountains near nomands tents and winter houses, near the river, among the yaks,sheep and horses. This young guy told me all about his way of living, about his family. It was realy great day. I have learn a lot.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank anat M
Reviewed September 20, 2016

We rented shoddy bikes from Xiahe (don't go to the hotel next to the Monastery, but the travel agent - we heard of someone getting ripped of before our hotel manager went over to get their money back) The bike ride was lovely 40km round trip at 3000ft. A local in Sangke even helped me put my bike pedal back on! The grasslands have a touristy 'circus' for the Chinese but if you bike past that you will see beautiful blue skies and wonderful green hills.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed August 27, 2016

We loved the place, its a bit touristy but the view of the grasslands is mesmerizing. We went there twice, the first time with a taxi which was a bit heavy of the pocket but later found out that there was a minivan which would take passengers from the Monastery to a place near the grasslands. the fare of the van was RMB 6(if my memory serves me right)

Date of experience: August 2016