All reviews kagga kamma gravel road game drives rock formations cape town bushman paintings cave room get away hiking trails long drive self catering quad biking wonderful experience nature reserve sunset drive our honeymoon air conditioner
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Yes, it is a unique experience, but really, at the rates that they charge for a night in a hut or cave, and the facilities, to our family.....definitely worth it. This would have been a nice weekend if prices are competitive to Camping, or to other Nature, bush, similar resorts. Definitely not at the 5 star price they charge. Restaurant also extremely expensive, i.e. for a 300 g steak anything between
R150 to R195, burger R90, entrees up to R 90, cakes R 75 per slice! We are a family of 4, kids 11 and 12 who shared a very uncomfortable sleeping couch, in our room, which made the room very small.
We arrived late Friday, and checked out sunday morning. Had our own wine( paid corkage), 1 lunch, 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts, 2 massages NO extras like game drives or bushmen walk...( we did our own walking and driving around)
and our bill came to just under R13 0000!!!!!! Shocking!
S
It was disapointing

Room Tip: Huts have more space than caves
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DeirdreLoxton
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My partner and I spent a Saturday night there - mountain bike retreat special. It was a very cold weekend - it snowed on the drive from Ceres. We managed to do a bit of mountain biking on their trail which was officially opened on the Sunday. Trail was a bit sandy at first but overall very satisfactory. Quite a drive on the gravel to get to the resort. We used a 4x4 but it could be done with a car. The cave was very clean and comfortable. Food was excellent and service very courteous.

Very remote and isolated location - great if you want to get away from it all. Overall very good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

After a long drive from Springbok - road works and rain, we eventually arrived at Kagga Kamma. Luckily just as the sun was setting, quite a distance to travel on a gravel road - must say not too bad. Upon arriving we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist and were given all the details of our stay. A guide then took us to our "caves". Wow, what a pleasant surprise - well equipped and all was there that was needed for a good nights rest. We went back to the main reception area. A welcoming, warm bar with a log wood fire greeted us, it was cold (the cold snap from the Cape has hit the Cederberg)During the day in the bright sun it was warm, but once that sun went down it was cold.
We had some good viewing trips the next day - 3 in all. The guides on these trips were very knowledgeable and we enjoyed there sense of humor. The food was perfect, the atmosphere cosy and the views were awesome. Had a great stay - thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HentieT
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have just returned from a weekend away with my 8 year -old son to Kagga Kamma, we went there because where else do you get to sleep in a 4 star CAVE? I thought t would be a cool adventure for us. Well we were spoilt, not only is the accommodation very comfortable, but the food is MAGNIFICENT a real highlight of the weekend, and we needed it after exploring the rocks, going for long walks and the sunset drives were fantastic, with very knowledgeable rangers, who are excellent with children! encouraging questions and happy to follow the kids around looking under rocks!

I would recommend Kagga Kamma to anyone and they opened their mountain biking routes while we were there!

Room Tip: book the caves early they are very popular
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I thought this place was wonderful, a delightful surprise and unlike any camp I've ever been to before. We were in one of the cave rooms which I LOVED!! The staff was attentive & knowledgeable, scenery was amazing and I so hope I get to go back again some time. It was late August which was their winter and I was bowled over by the abundance of wild flowers in a desert environment. We had some good game viewing that even surprised the guides. During the day in the bright sun it was quite warm, even sunscreen time, but once that sun went down it was cold so the fire in the bar was most appreciated. I posted photos on my Facebook page and said, "Just call me Wilma Flintstone!"

Room Tip: Get one of the higher number caves for the best views & privacy, I suggest 13 or 14.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple