All reviewskagga kammagravel roadgame drivesrock formationscape townbushman paintingscave roomget awayhiking trailslong driveself cateringquad bikingwonderful experiencenature reservesunset driveour honeymoonair conditioner
Reviewed September 29, 2013

After a long drive from Springbok - road works and rain, we eventually arrived at Kagga Kamma. Luckily just as the sun was setting, quite a distance to travel on a gravel road - must say not too bad. Upon arriving we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist and were given all the details of our stay. A guide then took us to our "caves". Wow, what a pleasant surprise - well equipped and all was there that was needed for a good nights rest. We went back to the main reception area. A welcoming, warm bar with a log wood fire greeted us, it was cold (the cold snap from the Cape has hit the Cederberg)During the day in the bright sun it was warm, but once that sun went down it was cold.
We had some good viewing trips the next day - 3 in all. The guides on these trips were very knowledgeable and we enjoyed there sense of humor. The food was perfect, the atmosphere cosy and the views were awesome. Had a great stay - thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HentieT
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have just returned from a weekend away with my 8 year -old son to Kagga Kamma, we went there because where else do you get to sleep in a 4 star CAVE? I thought t would be a cool adventure for us. Well we were spoilt, not only is the accommodation very comfortable, but the food is MAGNIFICENT a real highlight of the weekend, and we needed it after exploring the rocks, going for long walks and the sunset drives were fantastic, with very knowledgeable rangers, who are excellent with children! encouraging questions and happy to follow the kids around looking under rocks!

I would recommend Kagga Kamma to anyone and they opened their mountain biking routes while we were there!

Room Tip: book the caves early they are very popular
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I thought this place was wonderful, a delightful surprise and unlike any camp I've ever been to before. We were in one of the cave rooms which I LOVED!! The staff was attentive & knowledgeable, scenery was amazing and I so hope I get to go back again some time. It was late August which was their winter and I was bowled over by the abundance of wild flowers in a desert environment. We had some good game viewing that even surprised the guides. During the day in the bright sun it was quite warm, even sunscreen time, but once that sun went down it was cold so the fire in the bar was most appreciated. I posted photos on my Facebook page and said, "Just call me Wilma Flintstone!"

Room Tip: Get one of the higher number caves for the best views & privacy, I suggest 13 or 14.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SBA-NYC
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Although very cold, this was one of the most memorable places I have ever been! We stayed in the Honeymoon suite - the romantic turn down we were given absolutely blew us away - thank you for a wonderful time - the food was perfect, the atmosphere cosy and the views were awesome.

We will definitely be back in the summer months to experience nature at it's best. Thank you to staff and management for creating a wonderful memory!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed there the weekend of the 6th of September with 3 other friends and what an experience! The outlook-points or viewing points are just to die for, buy an extra battery for your camera because you will take a million photos because each one is different! It is so safe, you feel so free, you feel like you are on another planet it is absolute blissful. The people were really helpful, the service is a bit slow at the restaurant but you dont mind as the view is gorgeous. So much to do, a weekend is definitely way too short would love to go back there and stay for a week. We experienced a massage as well and it was really a treat! The self-catering apartments were beautiful and have everything that you need I will definitely recommend this place to all my friends. The bedding is crisp white and aircons and stunning fire places. The stars are beautiful and the peace you cannot describe.

Room Tip: the self-catering was so worth-it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends