“I thought I was back in one of the best Indian restaurants in Mumbai!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Saffron - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Saffron
Cuisines: Indian
Description: There is another location in Ambler, Pennsylvania, as well.
Description: There is another location in Ambler, Pennsylvania, as well.
Divide, Colorado
“I thought I was back in one of the best Indian restaurants in Mumbai!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

This restaurant is located in Huntingdon Valley along with many other estabishments that line the main street of Huntingdon Pike. This restaurant is in an old three story house that has been renovated into a restaurant. We have seen a few restaurants come and go in this particular location and our hope is that # 3 is a charm. I love Indian food and have often wished I didn't have to go so far for it.
We were out of town for their opening night and all my girlfriends went and loved it. So my husband offered to take me to Saffron for dinner the other night and I jumped at the chance to try it out. When we arrived at 6pm we were the only ones there. Made me a bit nervous, but the wait staff were polite and courteous with out being obsequious. The menu is delightful and I had high hopes that I was in for a treat.
We ordered a Dosa to split and it was done to perfection. My husbands lamb was tender and the sauces complimented it, not drowning out the delectable flavors of it at all, which happens in some Indian restaurants. My vegetable korma was perfect. All the vegetables were lightly steamed and not soggy and the sauce was mouth watering. The naan was some of the best I have had since our last trip to Indian (we have been three times) They have a BYOB policy, so don't forget to bring your own wine when you come to dine.
I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2011