Tripadvisor

Magic theater

Reviewed August 16, 2019
suerski
Cheltenham, Pennsylvania

All reviews audience participation great fun comedy greenbaum illusion performed acts stage
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2019

What a great find! My daughter wanted to go to a magic show for her 21st B-day and after some searching we found Smoke and Mirrors. We didn't know what to expect, but we gave it a shot and we were glad we did! The place may look non-descript from the outside, but don't let that fool you! Smoke & Mirrors, remember? Inside is a well set up & cozy auditorium with very friendly people. The size allows for a lot of audience participation and the owners and performers were extremely friendly and chatty before and after the show. What a great night! Thanks guys!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 16, 2019

Excellent magic show, especially for our 8year old triplet grandsons. Actually had couple of magicians. Get intimate setting, around 40 seats. They also have evening shows for adults and it,s BYOB which ends 5 minutes before showtime.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed June 24, 2019

We heard about this venue from a friend, and funnily enough when the manager/owner introduced our act (Harrison Greenbaum), they mentioned they’d been there for 2 years and most people hear about them from word of mouth! We made it a couples night out - there were 4 of us and we sat in the 2nd row. From how intimate the theater is, there’s really not a bad seat in the house! It’s very comfortable and clean too, and has a classy look to it. It was $40/ticket + a small handling fee, so it’s not something I’d do weekly, but it’s definitely a unique and fun experience, and one all 4 of us said we’d do again. I imagine it’s great fun for bachelor/bachelorette, girls night out, office get together, etc.

It was a very interactive show – I would say 1/3 of the audience had some interaction with him. Our friend was picked to assist him in one of his tricks, and we have NO idea how it was done, even though he was standing right there!

We’ve also inquired about a birthday party there, and they have been super responsive (and quickly too). We’re actually going to a family magic show this coming weekend, and have high expectations based on our first visit! They constantly have different acts, so you can probably attend several times and see different performers and shows.

If you’re looking to have a good time, laugh, and see some tricks that will have you scratching your head after, I highly recommend Smoke & Mirrors!

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank KalsLoisLane
Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

We went to see Harris Greenbaum. A funny comedic and magician. A fabulous show even seeing it for the third time, he introduced new material each time.
I have seen many shows here including my mentors Jeff McBride and Larry Haas. I have also seen The Sentamentilists, fooled Pen. And Teller and will be on AGT this season and The Amazing Kreskin.
I highly recommend this theater the best magic locally and some of the best in the world.

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank JeffreyF112
Reviewed May 11, 2019

Went to the Saturday night, 5/11/19 show and it was simply awesome. Everyone at this place is kind, friendly and fun to be around. Met Marty the owner, what a great guy. Show was funny and very entertaining, highly recommend. Each show is different and they get some of the top magicians in the area. You feel like you are sitting in your living room hanging out with friends.. Will be attending many more shows in the future, thanks for a great time guys !! ... Jack

Date of experience: May 2019