“Great experience for great rate”

Huntingdon Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Franklin, Indiana
“Great experience for great rate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I justr spent three days at the Huntingdon Moptor Inn. All rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. Our room was very large with a table and two chairs--we often find only one desk type chair. It was clean and had large dressers with lots of drawers for storage. The beds were very comfortable. The man at the desk in the evening couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. From now on this is where I stay oin Huntingdon.
Walt Vanderbush, Franklin, IN

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Walt V
derek929, Manager at Huntingdon Motor Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay, and previous ones. We take pride in our (not so new) hotel. It is a second generation local owned business. Yes, the walls are thick.. solid block.. We do have a few flat screens too... Thank you for your support.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have stayed here several times in the last few years to have a comfortable and very affordable stay on Penn State football weekends. It is located right on Route 26 approximately 35 minutes away from State College and the drive is very scenic with little traffic. The motor inn is not a fancy place, but it is a quiet, peaceful place to unwind after football games. The inn sits at the top of a hill with a lovely view of the surrounding countryside. You can park right in front of your room (if your room is on the first floor) making it easy to unload and reload the car. The inn dates back to days gone by, but it must be solidly built because we have never heard a sound through the walls on either side of us. The people who are in the office are generally older, friendly and always accommodating. The coffee pot is always on and the coffee is good. Nearby there are numerous restaurants (Donna's and Mimi's sound popular although we have not been to them) and there is a Giant, Sheetz and a number of other businesses nearby. Every room is fairly large with a recliner, a desk, microwave and a decently sized mini-frig with a small freezer. Plenty of space for tailgate foods or supplies for a picnic at Raystown Lake. There is a TV with numerous channels, but don't be expecting a flat screen. Beds seem hard at first, but the sheets are fresh and clean and we sleep like logs in them. The shower is hot and refreshing. The towels are clean, but a little too small and rough for my liking. I am particular about my pillows so I always take mine along, but the pillows must have been replaced recently because I did not think they were that bad this time. There are room darkening curtains if you like to sleep late and windows can be opened for fresh air. Some curtains are showing a little age, but they work fine.

The bottom line is that the place is excellent for the price and our football weekend needs and therefore a 5 in our book. We will be back again!! Thank you for being there for us during our $$ years with two kids at PSU!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank SueE0330
Middletown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had another place booked for the weekend it was a dump...So after all the good reviews we went here. Clean and nice. My Truck broke down in there parking lot. The owners drove me to the auto parts store... Really saved the day!!!!!! Will stay there again!!!!!! Thanks Again!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ambler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I'm a bit wary of nonchain motels because I've had some bad experiences. My companion picked the place, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a very clean, comfortable room - it's definitely not a "no-tell" motel. It's obvious the owners really care; the building is old but well-maintained and clean, and every employee I interacted with was friendly and helpful. The bathroom tiles were 1960s vintage, but in nearly mint condition from frequent, thorough cleaning. I visited in hot weather, and the AC worked very well. The Huntingdon Motor Inn is a great alternative to chain hotels, and I will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Phil A
Wheeling, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is not a fancy place and the location is not exactly picturesque--however, the room was very clean. Bed linens were not luxurious, but again, very clean. The rate is a very good value. The front desk staff is very friendly. There is wi-fi. The room was large and comfortable with a full bathroom and an additional sink/vanity outside the bathroom.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mwatboos
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

My stay here on 5/4/13 was an absolute joyful experience. Not only was it my 51st birthday, I was also visiting my son who I hadn't seen in 8 months when I decided to at the Motel Inn. I was amazed how clean the room was, how well the bed slept, and how the water got extremely hot; which was actully my favorite thing. There were all kinds of stores within a mile radius and I enjoy a birthday right across the wasy at a place called Hoss's. The service and food was really to my liking. There was hot coffee awaiting me in the reception area first thing in the morning and I new at that moment that if ever in the area again that I'd be request my room 14 again. Big ups to the Motor Inn, you score a 10, keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We, along with 5 other couples, stayed here. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We will all be staying here this summer. Convenient to restaurants and shopping. If you are here for the activities in the area this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beth S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Comfort Inn Huntingdon
The Inn at Solvang
The Inn at Solvang
#1 of 3 in Huntingdon
Gage Mansion Bed & Breakfast

Been to Huntingdon Motor Inn? Share your experiences!