Tripadvisor
Huntingdon
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews bed and breakfast breakfast was delicious architectural details victorian era room was beautifully decorated yogurt parfait sausage common areas across the street in town juniata college nancy downtown woodwork furnishings bedroom amenities
Selected filters
Reviewed December 1, 2019

I stayed here for 3 nights over Thanksgiving & had the place all to myself for the most part. I delighted in reading about the Gage family & tried to imagine what it must have been like with people in residence. All of the common rooms & bedrooms are lovely. I was in #201 & it was worth the walk to the other end of the hall to have the large bathroom to myself & having a good soak in the claw foot tub. Nancy, as well as being an excellent cook, is very personable & welcoming. She will answer any questions you have about what is available in & around Huntingdon. I am looking forward to returning again in the future.

Room tip: All the rooms are lovely but there is a lot of train noise, 201 & 202 are not the best if you are a light sleeper.
Date of stay: November 2019
GageMansion, Manager at Gage Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2019

Thank you for your wonderful review! We enjoyed having you stay with us over the holiday. It was my pleasure to host and have great conversations with you. We look forward to your return!!

Warm wishes,
Nancy, Innkeeper

Reviewed November 16, 2019

Nancy is such a delightful innkeeper. I stayed in room 201 (with the two twin beds) with my mother-in-law. The beds were super comfortable and we both slept very soundly. The room has beautiful details and the bathroom down the hall is spacious, and has gorgeous tile and a super cool claw foot tub! Nancy's breakfasts are delicious and ample. I try to never stay anywhere else when I visit Huntingdon since nothing compares. Gage Mansion is simply the best!

Date of stay: November 2019
GageMansion, Manager at Gage Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2019

Thank you for the great review! It was my pleasure to host the two of you and look forward to seeing you again! Best wishes! Nancy, innkeeper.

Reviewed July 9, 2019

My husband and I stayed at the Gage Mansion last weekend. Everything about this place is superb. It has beautiful furnishings, is immaculately clean and the innkeeper pays attention to every little detail in running the Inn. Also, breakfast was wonderful. We will definitely return to the Gage Mansion the next time we're in Huntingdon

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

This was our first trip Gage Mansion, prompted by a gift certificate from our family. My wife and I arrived after normal check-in time, but because we’d made arrangements ahead of time, our keys and welcome packet were waiting for us. Our room was beautifully decorated for the Victorian era, but with modern touches like HVAC and an efficient and spacious bathroom. Nancy, our innkeeper, is a trained chef, and it showed with a pretty and delicious breakfast (also filling — don’t let the size of the menu tempt you into ordering more than you can finish).

The area around Huntingdon has numerous trails and outdoor recreation, but we also enjoyed just wandering around downtown Huntingdon. The town has history and character, and we plan to return.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

The Gage is a beautiful inn with lovely woodwork and furnishings. Our room had a very comfortable bed and a gorgeous bathroom that had to have been recently updated. Breakfast was delicious and Nancy the Innkeeper was very friendly and accommodating. My husband and I had to work in the morning and were able to sit in the front room quite comfortably, enjoying tea and coffee while doing our work. Nancy even brought us some late morning biscotti and cookies! We look forward to staying at the Gage again someday soon.

Date of stay: April 2019