“Nice visit”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
“Nice visit”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel was awesome. We just dropped in for a one night stay and the facility was very clean and Charlie and Tammy were very accommendating. Highly recommend this hotel for a short stay or a long stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. We take great pride in our hotel and our team. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The hotel is nice, the staff is friendly and you can't beat the price. It is also located a block out of town so it is close to the restaurants and Juniata College. The rub is that the train tracks lie between the hotel and town. Throughout the night veeeeery long freight trains rumble through, blowing their whistle several times. If you are a light sleeper forget about a restful night's sleep. We stayed in one of the back rooms facing the tracks. If you stay there ask for a front room which may be a bit quieter.

• Stayed March 2014
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your review. While many of our guests request the river-view rooms, we understand that not everyone enjoys the train. We recommend that you request a room on the front side of the building if you are a light sleeper. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Freeport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was in town to buy a boat, and came in on a Sunday. Figured I'd get the paperwork done Monday morning, and head home with the boat. Huntingdon got about 10 in. of snow that night, so, towing a boat was out of the question. I had to stay another full day.
The staff was very friendly. The maintenance man was kind enough to lend me some tools to put my hitch on. The staff gave me some good direction on where to eat and watch the Pens game.
The train didn't bother me, as I live by train tracks, and am used to that sound. I could see where it might bother some. The only thing that needed some updating was the workout room. Everything else was clean. Courteous staff. Good breakfast. If I ever end up in this town again, I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I am sorry that the weather forced you to alter your plans, but I am delighted that you stayed with us and had such a wonderful experience. We take great pride in our staff service. As an addition to our workout facility, we offer all guests a complimentary health club membership to ProCare Therapy and Fitness, which is adjacent to our property. Thank you again, and we hope to see you the next time you are in Huntingdon!
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Nice hotel . Check in staff was great , k cups for coffee in the room and nice breakfast. Big draw back is the train tracks are right behind the hotel . I was woke up 1 times during the night by the train. Then between 7 and 7:20 the train ran 4 more times. So I wouldnt plan on sleeping in. I liked the place but I wouldnt go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel if you dont want to be woke up all night long by the t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Although I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff's service and our hotel's amenities, I am disappointed to hear that the passing trains disturbed you during your stay. Many of our guests request rooms on the river side so that they can see and hear the trains that pass through downtown Huntingdon. Other guests prefer to stay on the quieter front side of the building. Please visit us again and request the front side so that we can ensure that you enjoy your stay completely.
jamesstaci04
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husky so first thing in the morning climb the 1000 steps rails n trails off rt22. The hotel is nice, the location is good to rt22 n sheetz. One bad thing the train runs a lot over night so that causes some noise. Other than that its was good.

• Stayed November 2013
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad that our hotel was a convenient location for your stay. I am sorry that the trains disturbed you. Please request a room on the front side of the building for your next visit and we will do our very best to try to accommodate your request.
Trumansburg, New York, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I chose this hotel on our first trip to Juniata College because it was closest to the school, with really simple directions, and had good rates. I continue to choose it because the staff are friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I've always been able to get a room (though getting one for Parents'/Homecoming Weekend does require planning ahead). I got recommendations for and directions to restaurants with good food. It's close to a number of stores and restaurants, the important ones for me being the supermarket and the KFC. For moving-in day, there's a little Sears store where one might buy a mini-fridge. It's generally quiet; I've spent whole days working in my room and gotten more done than anywhere else.

This brings me to the one downside I've seen. The hotel is about a quarter of a mile (if that) away from the train station. Both passenger and freight trains run through there, so there's frequent train traffic. It doesn't bother me anymore and I wear ear plugs to bed anyway, but it is something to be aware of.

This is not a hotel for travelers looking for luxury. I give it five stars because I find it to be right for my purposes: picking up, dropping off, or just visiting my daughter.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quieter, with respect to foot traffic overhead.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that we are your first choice for hotels when you visit Juniata College. I am pleased that you mentioned that our hotel is close to all of the food and retail outlets in Huntingdon. Many of our guests choose to walk to shopping and restaurant locations. I am pleased that the trains did not bother you during your visit. We find that some of our guests request to be closest to the trains so that they can see and hear the passing trains while other guests request to be on the opposite side of the building where they will not hear the trains.
maryland usa
Reviewed September 28, 2013

As parents of a Juniata student, this has become our 1st choice in the area. We have stayed at other places when they were booked up, but have found the Comfort Inn the best value for our money. The staff has always been helpful and friendly, the breakfast standard CI fare, but fine. On a few occasions, our student has wanted to stay with us, and we can use the fold out sofa. The Fairfield rooms are smaller and do not have a sofa. Restaurants and grocery stores are nearby.

The trains do not bother me, but you can always ask for a room in the front. It is noticeably quieter.

Room Tip: Book well in advance for college arrival times and parents weekend.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a kind review of our hotel. I am glad that we are your home while visiting your student at Juniata. Our entire staff looks forward to visits from our Juniata families because so many of them have become great friends over the years. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
#20 of 26 in State College
The Inn at Solvang
The Inn at Solvang
#1 of 3 in Huntingdon

Been to Comfort Inn Huntingdon? Share your experiences!