“This is a tough one one”

Comfort Inn Huntingdon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“This is a tough one one”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Nice hotel . Check in staff was great , k cups for coffee in the room and nice breakfast. Big draw back is the train tracks are right behind the hotel . I was woke up 1 times during the night by the train. Then between 7 and 7:20 the train ran 4 more times. So I wouldnt plan on sleeping in. I liked the place but I wouldnt go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel if you dont want to be woke up all night long by the t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Although I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff's service and our hotel's amenities, I am disappointed to hear that the passing trains disturbed you during your stay. Many of our guests request rooms on the river side so that they can see and hear the trains that pass through downtown Huntingdon. Other guests prefer to stay on the quieter front side of the building. Please visit us again and request the front side so that we can ensure that you enjoy your stay completely.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
jamesstaci04
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husky so first thing in the morning climb the 1000 steps rails n trails off rt22. The hotel is nice, the location is good to rt22 n sheetz. One bad thing the train runs a lot over night so that causes some noise. Other than that its was good.

• Stayed November 2013
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad that our hotel was a convenient location for your stay. I am sorry that the trains disturbed you. Please request a room on the front side of the building for your next visit and we will do our very best to try to accommodate your request.
Trumansburg, New York, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I chose this hotel on our first trip to Juniata College because it was closest to the school, with really simple directions, and had good rates. I continue to choose it because the staff are friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I've always been able to get a room (though getting one for Parents'/Homecoming Weekend does require planning ahead). I got recommendations for and directions to restaurants with good food. It's close to a number of stores and restaurants, the important ones for me being the supermarket and the KFC. For moving-in day, there's a little Sears store where one might buy a mini-fridge. It's generally quiet; I've spent whole days working in my room and gotten more done than anywhere else.

This brings me to the one downside I've seen. The hotel is about a quarter of a mile (if that) away from the train station. Both passenger and freight trains run through there, so there's frequent train traffic. It doesn't bother me anymore and I wear ear plugs to bed anyway, but it is something to be aware of.

This is not a hotel for travelers looking for luxury. I give it five stars because I find it to be right for my purposes: picking up, dropping off, or just visiting my daughter.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quieter, with respect to foot traffic overhead.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that we are your first choice for hotels when you visit Juniata College. I am pleased that you mentioned that our hotel is close to all of the food and retail outlets in Huntingdon. Many of our guests choose to walk to shopping and restaurant locations. I am pleased that the trains did not bother you during your visit. We find that some of our guests request to be closest to the trains so that they can see and hear the passing trains while other guests request to be on the opposite side of the building where they will not hear the trains.
maryland usa
Reviewed September 28, 2013

As parents of a Juniata student, this has become our 1st choice in the area. We have stayed at other places when they were booked up, but have found the Comfort Inn the best value for our money. The staff has always been helpful and friendly, the breakfast standard CI fare, but fine. On a few occasions, our student has wanted to stay with us, and we can use the fold out sofa. The Fairfield rooms are smaller and do not have a sofa. Restaurants and grocery stores are nearby.

The trains do not bother me, but you can always ask for a room in the front. It is noticeably quieter.

Room Tip: Book well in advance for college arrival times and parents weekend.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a kind review of our hotel. I am glad that we are your home while visiting your student at Juniata. Our entire staff looks forward to visits from our Juniata families because so many of them have become great friends over the years. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Mount Joy ,PA
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Want to say thank you to Ashley @ the desk for helping me out with a situation . I slept like log & like the others say the rooms were very clean ! I will come back again ,but for pleasure for the whole weekend & go to the lake ! I really enjoyed Memories on 13th St . It was a dance club that I checked out !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you felt that our hotel was very clean. We believe that providing our guests with a clean friendly hotel is our most important responsibility and we strive to accomplish this with all of our guests.
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean and close to shopping and lot of eating options about 30 mins or so from the lake would stay again and they have an ok breakfast
We ate at the oip and love it the have a woodys 2 with a bar and memories is a great place to eat and have and adult beverage

• Stayed April 2013
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am proud that you mentioned that the hotel was clean. Our housekeeping staff considers that to be their highest priority and I believe that it shows. We hope to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Juniata the end of July for our northeast college tour vacation. The initial big draw was the queen size beds due to my husband and son's height. Then it was the price. Finally it was a friendly staff person, Ashley, who made my reservation and answered all my questions about the train issue and the surrounding area. When we checked in, Maria was superb in helping us with all the information we needed as well as being efficient and so friendly with our check in and throughout our stay. The room was spacious and the beds very comfortable. The washer and dryer were greatly appreciated. My son loved the pool. The people of Huntingdon were so friendly everywhere. We had a great time both with food and service at Woody's Barbecue near the hotel. The breakfast was fresh and tasty. Great Experience!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 119 on the front near the front desk. We slept soundly and had no issues with any...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy that you mentioned several of our staff members because we feel that our staff are great ambassadors for both our hotel and also for the Huntingdon area. I am glad that you enjoyed several of the great dinning options that are within walking distance. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
#2 of 15 in Altoona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altoona
Days Inn & Suites Altoona
Gage Mansion Bed & Breakfast

Been to Comfort Inn Huntingdon? Share your experiences!