“Horrible DONT STAY HERE!”

Comfort Inn Huntingdon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Miami
“Horrible DONT STAY HERE!”
Reviewed June 13, 2008

This was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. Not only is there a train that comes every few hours, it blows it's horn very loudly at the cross which is about a football field away. They need to invest in some sound proof windows in order to run a hotel in that area. Also the room was filthy. It looked as if the room hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in a long time as there was dirt on the carpet and the bathtub had rings in it. Along with that, I noticed there was hair on the sheets, which makes me believe they hadn't been changed from the night before. This hotel was a disappointment, and I hope this helps anyone make an informed decision before staying at this hotel.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank disgusted23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
PA
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in order to be able to visit Juniata College with my kids (lovely school). I was inbetween long drives, knowing I faced another 4 hour drive the next day. The freight trains woke me throughout the night with their blowing whistles (every 30 minutes??). I might as well have slept in my car in the parking lot next to the tracks. It is extrememly rude for the management of this hotel not to have a posted sign warning travelers of this issue. I know some can sleep through this kind of assault. I cannot. I wrote corporate and got a simple apology, no attempt to correct the problem. Be warned.

Stayed March 2008
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed April 5, 2008

Stayed on side away from RR tracks; could hear trains only when room heat/AC fan was off; really not a problem.
Continental plus breakfast good, easy to access. Wi-FI in lobby only, rooms are Wired Internet. Exercise room tiny and too hot; park across street that's easy to run in.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank FairlyEasyGoing
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed January 8, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Huntingdon this past fall, visiting family in the area. Unfortunately there's not a huge selection of hotels near Huntingdon, unless you want to drive to State College.

We rented a whirlpool suite. The room set-up was odd with the whirlpool tub situated between the bathroom and the desk area, with only a curtain in between (no wall dividing the bathroom and the rest of the room). This left little privacy in the bathroom. The whirlpool tub had a ring of black mold around the outside (between the tub and the wall). That made me skeptical of the overall cleanliness of the room. There were also stains on the wall between the desk area and the bed area.

The customer service was very good, and the breakfasts were adequate. The cleaning staff needs to make special effort to clean the mold from around the tub and make sure the walls are clean.

If the cleanliness issues are addressed, this is a decent place to stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room layout and condition of the room in terms of cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
falls church va
Reviewed November 25, 2007

I recently stayed there with the wife and the two kids. The rooms were clean and a good size. The fridge and microwave came in handy. The kids loved the pool. They also loved the breakfast buffet the following morning. Also the staff was excellent and friendly.

I would recommend this hotel for your next trip. It seems pretty new and is very clean.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Maryland
Reviewed November 12, 2007

Read all the accompanying reviews; they all are "spot on." We stayed a Sunday night, our son had a college interview at Juniata. (By the way, Juniata is a fantastic school.) We have stayed in some objectionable places (La Casa Judy in Santa Fe,NM), but this was not one. (My wife disagrees.) There are TWO train tracks about 150 yds from the back of the building. (All the even rooms run along the back of the 3 story building. You might try asking for an odd numbered room to mitigate the sound.) Trains run through this Pennsylvania valley 24/7 and they do sound their horns. I grew up in Muskegon Michigan with fog horns sounding all night. The trains in Huntingdon didn't bother me, but the fan in the heating / cooling unit woke me twice, but I went back to sleep. My wife did not get a good night's sleep. The room was clean, the water was hot, the microwave and fridge worked, the breakfast good and plentiful. I can usually sleep when I'm tired, my wife needs pretty good conditions to sleep all night through. One has to wonder what they were thinking when they chose the site.

Stayed November 2007
2 Thank old-harvey
Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 7, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn on a Saturday night in September, 2007. The bed was comfortable and sheets, pillows, etc. had no hotel smell and were fresh. The room was clean, there was a microwave and fridge in the room. The wireless connection did not work from the room we were in although there was a USB cord to plug into so my laptop had internet access. The only issues were the trains. We could see the train from our hotel window. I sleep with a fan and was glad I took one with me on this trip as it helped. I would recommend this hotel but would advise to have something to make white noise to keep the train noise at bay. There is a Peebles's, grocery store, Wal-mart, Pizza Hut, Hoss's and other shopping close by.

• Disliked — Train noise
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dennyc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
#2 of 15 in Altoona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altoona
Days Inn & Suites Altoona
Quality Inn & Suites Burnham

Been to Comfort Inn Huntingdon? Share your experiences!