“Great Hotel, Great Staff”

Comfort Inn Huntingdon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here a few nights in Spring '13. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the staff easygoing and competent. Maria, always affable and efficient, got us checked in quickly, and provided lots of help when we had trouble getting work prints from our home office. Next time I'm in the area, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay with our hotel. We are proud of the way all of our employees know how to provide great guest service. Maria strives to always create quality guest experiences every time. We look forward to seeing you the next time when you are the area.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

What a treat! This is a newer hotel, with large, spacious rooms, equipped with a flat screen TV, Kuerig coffee maker, fridge and microwave. I traveled to Huntingdon for the birth of my first grand child, and was lucky to have chosen this hotel, just a mile from the hospital. I had inadvertently left a travel bag behind upon departure, not to have discovered that fact until I arrived back home 3 1/2 hours later. I called them, they found the bag, and the women behind the desk(Marie, I think her name was?) personally took the bag to the UPS and had it shipped to me. I got it 2 days later. Thank you!
If I ever travel this way again I would definitely use this hotel. Extremely reasonable, and the breakfast was good too! They actually had 2 waffle makers that worked really well! Good job, Comfort Inn!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay at our hotel and congratulations on your grandchild! I am so happy to hear that Maria responded to your request with above and beyond service. We are glad to have her as a member of our team. We look forward to seeing you more as the baby continues to grow.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here for one night. My room was clean and comfortable, the staff was helpful and very friendly. The pool and pool area looked nice, although I didn't use it. The breakfast was very nice. I did like the location. Lots of things nearby, easy to find. I would stay there again if I was in the area. I did have a nice view of the river, but it came with a price: train ran nearby all day and night. If I were to stay again, I would need a room away from the tracks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our property. I am glad that you noticed how clean are hotel was. Our housekeeping staff constantly strive to provide the cleanest experience for all of our guests. I am also pleased that you mentioned are location being nearby to lots of things. Being close to the heart of Huntingdon is one of the many reasons that so many of our guests choose to stay with us while visiting the area.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I wanted to stay at the Fairfield Inn, but it was booked. This was our second choice. The rooms were decent, the kids found a dirty sock next to the bed. We requested a room on the front side of the hotel and didn't have any issues with train noise. We stayed here while visiting family in Mt. Union, it's probably the closest hotel. I would prefer to stay in an all smoke free hotel. Although the hotel didn't smell like smoke, it smelled like some chemical they used to cover up the smell of smoke. Mostly in the lobby and common area, our room was fine. The pool was small but worked for us for only a quick winter weekend getaway. The breakfast was good but seating was difficult because of the small area. The breakfast attendant was nice and opened up a second, larger room for breakfast but it was freezing in that room. Needless to say, we ate quickly and moved along. Overall, it wasn't bad but I would definitely prefer to stay at the Fairfield Inn next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. I have discussed the concerns that you mentioned with housekeeping. Also I wanted to let you know that we recently reduced the amount of smoking rooms that we offer to our guests. I hope that you give us another try. Please call me so that I can personally ensure that your next stay is excellent.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

As far as I'm concerned this is the ONLY hotel in Huntingdon. I've been staying here for over 4 years since my kids are at the local college. Clean rooms, reasonable prices. The free breakfast makes it convenient and has a lot of options. The staff is the hotel's strong suit--very friendly and accommodating. They really go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. Yes, the train does pass the hotel, but there's really not much we can do about that!

Room Tip: If the sound of the train bothers you, ask for a room on the opposite side!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MackLack7

Thank you for your kind comments. We value the relationships that we have developed with our Juniata College parents. I agree with you about our staff. We constantly hear from our guests that we have a warm, friendly, helpful staff. We understand that the people that work in our hotel are as important as the way we clean and maintain our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a nice clean hotel near shopping and restaurants. The rooms have mini-refrigerators and microwaves. The continental breakfast is also very nice with many options. The staff is very accommodating and friendly.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
KurtStull, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am so happy that you enjoyed your accommodations. I am glad that you enjoyed our location in the heart of Huntingdon. I am also pleased that you appreciated the many options that we provide on our full hot breakfast as part of your stay. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The only issue with this hotel is that rooms to the back of the building can hear the train whistle all night BUT if you are in a room in the front of the building, you should not be bothered.
I have staying in this hotel on 3 separate occasions. I have also stayed at the "other" three star hotel in town on 2 separate occasions. I prefer this Comfort Inn. All of the staff that I have encountered are very friendly and accommodating. The free breakfast is great and is open until 10am (at the "other" hotel breakfast is available until 9 or 9:30am depending on weekday or weekend) and if you arrive at breakfast just a little late it's not a problem. This past weekend, they were still serving breakfast at 10:30am to accommodate the hotel guests. At the "other" hotel, the breakfast buffet was cleaned and locked up promptly at 9:30 on a weekend. The rooms at this Comfort Inn are clean, large, comfortable and the rates are great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the hotel to avoid noise from the train.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
KurtStull, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you found are staff to be friendly and accommodating. We try to be both intuitive and flexible to all of our guests needs. Thank you for being a return guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
#6 of 15 in Altoona
The Mill Stone Manor Motel
The Mill Stone Manor Motel
#3 of 4 in Huntingdon

Been to Comfort Inn Huntingdon? Share your experiences!