Comfort Inn Huntingdon
$129
Huntingdon Motor Inn(Huntingdon)(Great Value!)
$85
$129
$119
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsjuniata collegelight sleeperroom was cleanjuniata riverwafflesnice placekids loved the poolfresh fruitchannel guidecomplimentary breakfast isgraduation weekendspent one nightrooms are niceroom facingfast foodkuerig coffee makerloved the breakfast buffet
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The location of this hotel is not bad, it is just off Rt 522 on the way into Huntingdon. The trains mentioned in some of the reviews didn't bother me, but the condition of the hotel did. I reserved a non-smoking room, and they gave me a room on the third floor, which is a smoking floor. The hallway had cigarette ashes in the carpet and smelled like an old ashtray. It was strong enough that even inside my room it was almost overbearing. My room was marked as a non-smoking room, but I don't understand why they would put a non-smoking room on a smoking floor. The hotel itself was run-down...the carpet was worn, the elevator made strange noises, etc. This was the worst Comfort Inn I have ever stayed in, both in the condition of the hotel and the cleanliness of it. I would definitely recommend staying away from this one, especially since it is more expensive than some of the other choices in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
KurtStull, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. Unfortunately it sounds like we did not live up to your expectations. We try to balance the needs of both our smoking and non-smoking guests. We limit our smoking guests to a few rooms located in one specific place in the hotel. I suspect that you were in a room that was located near this part of the hotel. I am sorry that you were able to smell the smoke. Please call me so that I can discuss your stay with you in greater detail.

Kurt Stull

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Overall, the hotel was clean and what you get for the money. The breakfast was great, and the pool as clean. However, the trains going back and forth were horrible. We had a room in the back and counted 19 times throughout the night the train went back and forth. If you are a light sleeper, this hotel is not for you. I called and requested the room to be moved to front, but they were completely full. If you can sleep through this, it's a good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel.

I am glad that other than the trains you enjoyed your stay with us. For guests that are light sleepers we do suggest rooms on the front of the hotel. We do have many guests that do request rooms on the back so that they can see the trains as they pass. Please visit us again and request a room on the front of the hotel.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here because nothing available in State College. It's a 45 minute drive....through the "mountains" on windy, DARK roads. Speed limit on 26 S from State College for trucks is 20 mph....fortunately did not get behind a truck. The road has an 8% grade in some spots. Hotel staff were friendly. Got extra towels which I needed. The room was clean - I was in pet friendly room so the carpet was highly industrial and the room smelled like disinfectant (better than dog smell though). The sheets seemed like they were 100 years old...worn very thin and the blanket was a little scary. However, my dog could stay so for me that makes the place for me. Deposit is $50 for dog which you get back if you pass inspection at checkout. Lawn in front is free from pet messes so either owners are courteous or the hotel maintains area. Nice to know you can walk your dog without fear of stepping in messes everywhere. Breakfast is the standard Comfort Inn breakfast - something to get you started. Flat screen TV with lots of cable channels. Keurig coffee maker in room. If you are a light sleeper beware you are near the railroad tracks and several times during the night very LONG trains came through with the whistle blowing. That's why I give the hotel a poor on sleep quality.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with our hotel.

Although the drive from State College can be a little bit dark in the evening, it is a beautiful scenic drive during the day. I am glad that you did mention our friendly hotel staff because we feel that we have a great customer focused staff. I am sorry to hear that the sheets were less than what you expected. Please be assured that we have removed all sheets that were less than 100% since your stay with us. We strive to constantly improve all areas of our hotel in all areas and I am confident that you will notice these changes should you stay with us again.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Couldn't really find much wrong with this hotel. My second stay here and all is good still! perhaps they could give the hallway carpets a cleaning, but that's about it! Big room, very clean, a/c worked and in great shape. Staff very helpful. Breakfast and staff there were far more than expected!!

Room Tip: Was very happy with the ground level, rear side (backed onto a corn field).
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
KurtStull, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am so pleased to hear from one of our many Canadian visitors. We have many people from all over the United States and Canada that stay with us. We always hear from these travelers that they are so happy to find clean friendly accommodations in a small town in the mountains. I hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The staff went way out of their way to help us. My husband and I went to raystown lake for our honeymoon and rented a cabin online. When we got to the place it was dirty and had so much sulfur in the water we couldn't even cook with it. We went everywhere in and around Huntington to try to find a hotel and everybody was book or wanted to much money. By the time we got to the comfort inn I was really upset. Long story short not only did they give us a room but also a huge discount. The staff was amazing the room was really clean, and they went above and beyond to help us. We are already making plans to go back next year for our anniversary.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that our staff made you feel special and like family. We try to always remember that every visit by every guest is as though we have family visiting. I hope to meet you when you return for your anniversary.