Comfort Inn Huntingdon
The Mill Stone Manor Motel(Huntingdon)(Great Value!)
$80
$119
Huntingdon Motor Inn(Huntingdon)(Great Value!)
$65
$67
ComfortSuites
$54
Days Inn & Suites Altoona(Altoona)(Great Value!)
$93
Priceline
$51
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
$67
TripAdvisor
Super 8 Altoona(Altoona)(Great Value!)
$72
$98
All reviewsjuniata collegelight sleeperroom was cleanjuniata riverwafflesnice placewould stay here againkids loved the poolfresh fruitfree hot breakfastchannel guidegraduation weekendspent one nightrooms are niceroom facingfast foodkuerig coffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel is not the newest in the area, but it is clean and the staff is super friendly. We did not experience any problems with our room. The free breakfast is good, with a nice variety of items to choose from. Close and convenient for those who are visiting Juniata College.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
KurtStull, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. We do feel that we have one of the friendliest staffs of any hotel. I am also glad that you mentioned that we are close to Juniata College. We value a wonderful relationship with both the College and Alumni.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was to stay at this location for a long period of time due to work. Each time I checked into my room it was dirty from the get go. By week three, I couldn't handle it anymore. I had brought this situation to the attention of the staff each time. The one girl who worked at the front desk was very nice to me & even moved me across the hall way one night. The second room wasn't the best, but it was much cleaner than the first room. After trying to bring this to managements attention for three weeks we finally decided to take my business else where. They obviously didn't care about the business we were giving them. Moved to a MUCH more cleaner establishment. You can see that review in my next post. BTW, I gave an average for service because of the EMPLOYEE that helped me. It has nothing to do with management. That, by my standards would be rated as terrible. Can't knock the whole staff though.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
KurtStull, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

I am very sorry that your stay was less than what it should have been. I can assure you that if I had known about your situation, I would have been in touch with you at the time of your problem. We place the importance of a clean room above everything else. I hope that will give us another try and if you do, I promise that I will personally assure that everything will be to your standards of cleanliness.

Kurt Stull

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The train runs all night! I slept terribly. Also, the rooms were clean but smelled like smoke on the non-smoking floor.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

I am sorry that your sleep was interrupted by the trains that run through downtown Huntingdon. We have guests that request to be on the front side of the building where they can not see or hear the trains and we also have guests that request to be on the town side of the hotel where they can see the river, downtown and the trains. We do have several guest rooms that are located in one small section of one floor in the hotel that accommodates our guests that do smoke. I apologize that you could smell the smoke in the hallway from their room.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed one night here. Asked for a room on the front. Although we heard trains going by during the daytime while in the parking lot, we never heard any noise at all at night. The bed was comfy although the pillows were smaller than usual. Shower was good, although the tile needed some maintenance. We asked for extra towels and there was no problem obtaining them. The room overall was very clean. There was a free breakfast with eggs, toast, yogurt, etc. but we did not partake as we slept late.  Parking was adequate and there was also a pool. The hotel is located just outside of the historic downtown. There is a bridge to cross to get to the downtown area, so it is a bit of a walk. We ate some lunch at a nearby barbecue place (Woodys) . Although the food was good it was a bit expensive for the small lunch portions that were served.

Room Tip: Some people complain that they can hear the trains, but we did not. We had a room on front side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for the kind words about your recent stay with us. We do hear from many of the guests that stay with us that they appreciate the close location to the historic downtown area of Huntingdon. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Huntingdon.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Having stayed at the Comfort Inn several times over the years, this was my first choice.... a very convenient place for visiting Juniata College, etc. In September of 2011 I made my reservation for a 55th class reunion weekend activity in June 2012. Before leaving home (2 days before) I called to confirm my reservation at which time I was told that it was a room with a king-size bed and was a 'smoking' room. Well, #1, I never requested that type of room and told the person I spoke with. She got off the line and came back a minute or so later saying that they did not have any non-smoking rm. available at the time. I said I could maybe put up with that, but I would appreciate a change. Well, when I arrived, that was still 'my' room.....and they were full! What to do??? As soon as I got off the elevator I was overcome by the smokey odor generated all over. Needless to say, I was not happy. The room was even worse!!! I went out and purchased a bottle of Febreze air freshener.....it helped a bit for a while. However, when I walked into my room at home, my luggage and clothing had that awful smell too. What's a person to do about this?? I've never been a smoker and certainly did not appreciate being subjected to this. I thought making my reservation 10 months in advance would have been a no-brainer for a good room..........I NEVER REQUESTED A SMOKING ROOM! Perhaps you can help me out with this........or I might just have to reconsider returning to your establishment in the future. Thanks for your time.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you ask for.....i.e., non-smoking rm!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank murdl
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me when I called you today. I am sorry that we were unable to accommodate your desire for a non-smoking room. Certainly we never intend to put a non-smoking guest in a room that is specifically designated for guests that smoke. I look forward to seeing you next year for your return visit.