“Cleanliness Issues”

Comfort Inn Huntingdon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed January 8, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Huntingdon this past fall, visiting family in the area. Unfortunately there's not a huge selection of hotels near Huntingdon, unless you want to drive to State College.

We rented a whirlpool suite. The room set-up was odd with the whirlpool tub situated between the bathroom and the desk area, with only a curtain in between (no wall dividing the bathroom and the rest of the room). This left little privacy in the bathroom. The whirlpool tub had a ring of black mold around the outside (between the tub and the wall). That made me skeptical of the overall cleanliness of the room. There were also stains on the wall between the desk area and the bed area.

The customer service was very good, and the breakfasts were adequate. The cleaning staff needs to make special effort to clean the mold from around the tub and make sure the walls are clean.

If the cleanliness issues are addressed, this is a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Huntingdon

Reviewed November 25, 2007

I recently stayed there with the wife and the two kids. The rooms were clean and a good size. The fridge and microwave came in handy. The kids loved the pool. They also loved the breakfast buffet the following morning. Also the staff was excellent and friendly.

I would recommend this hotel for your next trip. It seems pretty new and is very clean.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2007

Read all the accompanying reviews; they all are "spot on." We stayed a Sunday night, our son had a college interview at Juniata. (By the way, Juniata is a fantastic school.) We have stayed in some objectionable places (La Casa Judy in Santa Fe,NM), but this was not one. (My wife disagrees.) There are TWO train tracks about 150 yds from the back of the building. (All the even rooms run along the back of the 3 story building. You might try asking for an odd numbered room to mitigate the sound.) Trains run through this Pennsylvania valley 24/7 and they do sound their horns. I grew up in Muskegon Michigan with fog horns sounding all night. The trains in Huntingdon didn't bother me, but the fan in the heating / cooling unit woke me twice, but I went back to sleep. My wife did not get a good night's sleep. The room was clean, the water was hot, the microwave and fridge worked, the breakfast good and plentiful. I can usually sleep when I'm tired, my wife needs pretty good conditions to sleep all night through. One has to wonder what they were thinking when they chose the site.

Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank old-harvey
Reviewed October 7, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn on a Saturday night in September, 2007. The bed was comfortable and sheets, pillows, etc. had no hotel smell and were fresh. The room was clean, there was a microwave and fridge in the room. The wireless connection did not work from the room we were in although there was a USB cord to plug into so my laptop had internet access. The only issues were the trains. We could see the train from our hotel window. I sleep with a fan and was glad I took one with me on this trip as it helped. I would recommend this hotel but would advise to have something to make white noise to keep the train noise at bay. There is a Peebles's, grocery store, Wal-mart, Pizza Hut, Hoss's and other shopping close by.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dennyc
Reviewed August 26, 2007

I stayed here for three nights in mid-August and the hotel bombarded me with the fact it had the Platinum Award from Choice Hotels. Well, they must have very low standards. I certainly would hate to have to stay at a Gold or Silver level hotel.

One night, the room had a bottle of cleaner left in the bathroom and minor amenities like a pen & paper were missing as was coffee for the coffee maker. There were three bath towels and only one hand towel and washcloth, not the four of each I would expect in a room with two beds. Not major things perhaps, but what most guests have come to expect.

Following that, the room air conditioner apparently had no thermostat; it was either all the way on or all the way off. The room was an ice box when we returned in the evening. We were awakened at 7:00 am by construction - how could they allow it to begin so early??? (I should note that I was given a $50 credit for the problems I encountered)

And now to the trains. All night, every night. There is a grade crossing behind the hotel and the trains must sound their whistle. It must be a main line because I was awakened several times during the night.

There are no major problems witht his hotel, it just doesen't live up to what it represents itself to be - Platinum Award level. The trains are a significant issue in the entire town, not just this establishment.

If you want to stay here, just be aware of what you are in for.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank NJTravelBoy
Reviewed October 10, 2005

My family spent one night at the Comfort Inn in Huntingdon this past weekend. In general, the hotel still feels brand new and is well-run. The included continental breakfast was fresh and well-stocked, even on a morning after the hotel was sold out for the night. The heated indoor pool was a decent size and warm. Restaurants and shopping are withing walking distance. The staff is friendly and efficient. My only complaint about the hotel is the train that runs behind it. The train passes by (and whistles-VERY LOUDLY) several times an hour, all day and all night. This did not make for a good night's sleep- beware!

• Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank TravelingfromCT
Reviewed July 16, 2005

A brand new hotel at a bargain price. Room was bigger than your typical Hampton Inn. You could fit 2-3 roll away beds in the room with 2 double beds. Staff was very efficient.

Indoor pool was small but worked for our kids. Breakfast was a simple continental one but no complaints when you pay less than $75 for the room.

Convenient location to Raystown Lake and downtown Huntingdon.

• Stayed: July 2005
9  Thank HOaKIE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altoona
The Mill Stone Manor Motel
The Mill Stone Manor Motel
#3 of 4 in Huntingdon

Been to Comfort Inn Huntingdon? Share your experiences!