“Great hotel, convenient location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
New York
“Great hotel, convenient location”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn Feb 21 & 22, 2013, and had an extremely nice experience. . The hotel is about 1 1/2 years old at this writing, very new . Its walls and carpets are decorated in bright and attractive tropical shades of green, yellow and burnt orange, a warm and welcoming combination.. . I had a room with two full size beds, a desk and dresser, which was comfortable and spotlessly clean. Free wifi was available in the room. The bathroom was large, likely wheelchair accessible given its size, and had a generous sized granite countertop. The beds themselves were very comfortable, firm but not hard, and I heard no ambient noise from other rooms. Our room came with a free buffet style breakfast, a plus as I saw no other breakfast restaurants in the area, which is fairly rural. Selections included scrambled eggs, sausage patties, cold cereal, toast and and waffles. Food was edible but not impressive. But the lobby where breakfast was served had a gas fireplace which added cheer to the room, where one could watch the news on a big screen TV. The hotel is conveniently located. Its about a 10 minute drive to Juniata College. Its also situated across the street from a new Walmart Shopping Center. In addition to Walmart, the shopping center includes a Chinese Restaurant, Dollar Store, Hairdresser and a shoe store. Rumor has it that an Applebees will be opening in the area soon. Staff at this hotel were unfailingly helpful, cheerful and polite. I found this to be especially true of "Kelly" a front desk Clerk who was willing to share her personal knowledge of Juniata College. Room prices were extremely reasonable, especially considering the hotel had a small but neat and well maintained indoor swimming pool and 24 hour exercise room which featured a treadmill and hand weights, and offered the Free breakfast..

Room Tip: Suites are available at this hotel.. I asked for a quiet room away from noise and traffic.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DAR1660
Mimi608, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback about your recent stay with us in Huntingdon. We really appreciate when guests take the time to share their comments! We are particularly proud of our design package, amenities and of course the level of service we provide our guests--thank you for noticing! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Huntingdon
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Excellent hotel; new, clean, friendly. Have stayed several times in 2012. for college visits at Juniata. Not happy with inflated prices when there are big football games, etc. at Penn State. Prices changed 3 fold, easily.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you so much for your comments and for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites for your stay in Huntingdon. We do hope folks like you will stay with us consistently when visiting your students at Juniata College and are committed to offering fair rates for a great hotel stay! I believe you'll find that we have worked hard to respond to feedback about our rates being too high and will be pleasantly surprised at some of the "right pricing" we've done for 2013. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Mimi Driscoll
New General Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott
Huntingdon, PA 16652
United, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have family less than 2 miles from this hotel. Loved this new, modern hotel. We had a King suite. Nice living area, huge bathrooom and 2 flatscreen t.v.'s. The room was spotless. We asked for and early check in and there was no problem at all. Did not use the indoor pool. but the area was as clean as could be. The free breakfast had eggs, sausage, waffle maker, etc. The only thing we were not happy about was the bagels, and english muffins as well as the mini pastries were stale and old. The english muffins were hard on the outside. Also did not see any types of bread for the toaster and we both looked twice. I understand it was 2 days after the holiday, but as avid Marriot users, thought this was a bit strange as other guests at the time had mentioned. That said, the lady taking care of the breakfast area was as kind as could be, greeting every person that came along and also was on top of cleaning the tables, and food area. Thank you to her. Will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mimi608, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon over the Christmas Holiday! We appreciate your feedback and will address the issue with the appropriate staff members. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you better in the future!

Mimi Driscoll
Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 22, 2012

On;y a near old, the hotel is still new, in top condition and immaculate. Though the rooms are not large, they feel much larger due to good design. Very comfortable room and bed. Plus an above average breakfast.

My only criticism would be the size of the pool. It's too small to swim in but nice for a dip. I often wonder why designers don't just put in a small pool for kids to play in and a jacuzzi for adults to soak in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mimi608, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us! We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us when you are in the Huntingdon PA area!

Macon, Georgia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel has been open about a year and a half and still looks new. Was relieved to see it after a drive through the town and seeing the alternatives. They may have been fine on the inside but certainly not appealing from the road. This hotel is still not on the GPS maps so you need to call the hotel and get the best address for your GPS. I used 1430 Pennsylvania Ave and this is a restaurant near the hotel. You still have close to a mile to go after that spot and you will see WalMart on the right. The hotel is on the left. Check-in was prompt and the staff friendly and responsive. Same for the breakfast staff and the hot breakfast although the same each morning was delicious. The rooms are large and the suite was actually designed to create two separate areas, which is not always the case with some rooms called suites. Did not use the pool or the exercise room as there is plenty of room to walk outside. There is a sitting area in the back mostly used by smokers but a nice area. If in Huntingdon this seems to be the only place to stay and definitely the one I will use if in the area again. If you eat out, do try Mimi's. It can be expensive. It is worth the trip and price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with the Huntingdon PA Fairfield Inn & Suites! We appreciate your taking the time to let us know what we're doing right and I will certainly pass on your positive remarks to the staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you're in the area!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was coming in from pittsburgh on a business trip, couldnt find it on my GPs (which i now know needs updated) so i called and a very warmed voice answered and told me that thier pretty new and it doesnt show up on most GPS's gave me a good address and got me right to them.
When i arrived The Front desk employee was friendly and welcoming. She helped calm me down, i was still shaking, had just missed hitting a huge buck when i was getting off at rt 26. We laughed once things settled and she said they do have a quite the deer probably there, hitting 5 herself. She got me to my room and said if i needed anything to be sure to just call down.
The hotel was super clean, the beds where VERY soft and comfortable! If im ever in the area again I will def be staying here! I do alot of traveling with my job, i stay at alot of hotels and mostly Marriotts Brand b.c. ive had virtually zero disappoint with them. This one I can honestly say has been the best! thanks!

Room Tip: if you get a room that over looks the field you can see the deers grazing
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Theresa B
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback and for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon, PA. We are proud to have staff members who provide the level of service you describe and will certainly make sure that particular staff member receives your comments as well! We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Manheim, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is nice, but since it had just opened within the last year, I expected more. Overall it was not bad, but it wasn't any nicer than some of the Choice hotels I have stayed in, and was not as nice as most of the Hampton Inns I have stayed in. For the area, it is probably the nicest hotel (without driving 45 minutes or more) around, but I believe it is also the most expensive. The question is whether or not it is worth that to you. If I'm in the area for business, and know I'll be working in my room, I'd choose this hotel over the Comfort Inn. If I'm in the area to spend time at nearby Raystown Lake and just sleep at the hotel, I'll choose the Mill Stone Manor over this hotel every time (or close to it).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your recent stay with us. We do hope you'll give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future!

Mimi Driscoll, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Comfort Inn Huntingdon
#2 of 15 in Altoona
Hilton Garden Inn State College
Hilton Garden Inn State College
#2 of 26 in State College

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake? Share your experiences!