Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
The Mill Stone Manor Motel(Huntingdon)(Great Value!)
$80
Comfort Inn Huntingdon(Huntingdon)(Great Value!)
$109
ComfortInn
Huntingdon Motor Inn(Huntingdon)(Great Value!)
$65
$67
ComfortSuites
$55
Days Inn & Suites Altoona(Altoona)(Great Value!)
$76
Priceline
$51
  • Free Internet
$67
TripAdvisor
Super 8 Altoona(Altoona)(Great Value!)
$72
$109
$98
All reviewsfront deskthe breakfast areajuniata collegestayed hereraystown lakepenn stateeggsking suiteindoor poolbreakfast staffsausagefree breakfastenglish muffinsacross the streetquiet roomnice sizewalmart shopping center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 22, 2012

On;y a near old, the hotel is still new, in top condition and immaculate. Though the rooms are not large, they feel much larger due to good design. Very comfortable room and bed. Plus an above average breakfast.

My only criticism would be the size of the pool. It's too small to swim in but nice for a dip. I often wonder why designers don't just put in a small pool for kids to play in and a jacuzzi for adults to soak in.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Mimi608, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us! We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us when you are in the Huntingdon PA area!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel has been open about a year and a half and still looks new. Was relieved to see it after a drive through the town and seeing the alternatives. They may have been fine on the inside but certainly not appealing from the road. This hotel is still not on the GPS maps so you need to call the hotel and get the best address for your GPS. I used 1430 Pennsylvania Ave and this is a restaurant near the hotel. You still have close to a mile to go after that spot and you will see WalMart on the right. The hotel is on the left. Check-in was prompt and the staff friendly and responsive. Same for the breakfast staff and the hot breakfast although the same each morning was delicious. The rooms are large and the suite was actually designed to create two separate areas, which is not always the case with some rooms called suites. Did not use the pool or the exercise room as there is plenty of room to walk outside. There is a sitting area in the back mostly used by smokers but a nice area. If in Huntingdon this seems to be the only place to stay and definitely the one I will use if in the area again. If you eat out, do try Mimi's. It can be expensive. It is worth the trip and price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for staying with the Huntingdon PA Fairfield Inn & Suites! We appreciate your taking the time to let us know what we're doing right and I will certainly pass on your positive remarks to the staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you're in the area!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was coming in from pittsburgh on a business trip, couldnt find it on my GPs (which i now know needs updated) so i called and a very warmed voice answered and told me that thier pretty new and it doesnt show up on most GPS's gave me a good address and got me right to them.
When i arrived The Front desk employee was friendly and welcoming. She helped calm me down, i was still shaking, had just missed hitting a huge buck when i was getting off at rt 26. We laughed once things settled and she said they do have a quite the deer probably there, hitting 5 herself. She got me to my room and said if i needed anything to be sure to just call down.
The hotel was super clean, the beds where VERY soft and comfortable! If im ever in the area again I will def be staying here! I do alot of traveling with my job, i stay at alot of hotels and mostly Marriotts Brand b.c. ive had virtually zero disappoint with them. This one I can honestly say has been the best! thanks!

Room Tip: if you get a room that over looks the field you can see the deers grazing
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Theresa B

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback and for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon, PA. We are proud to have staff members who provide the level of service you describe and will certainly make sure that particular staff member receives your comments as well! We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is nice, but since it had just opened within the last year, I expected more. Overall it was not bad, but it wasn't any nicer than some of the Choice hotels I have stayed in, and was not as nice as most of the Hampton Inns I have stayed in. For the area, it is probably the nicest hotel (without driving 45 minutes or more) around, but I believe it is also the most expensive. The question is whether or not it is worth that to you. If I'm in the area for business, and know I'll be working in my room, I'd choose this hotel over the Comfort Inn. If I'm in the area to spend time at nearby Raystown Lake and just sleep at the hotel, I'll choose the Mill Stone Manor over this hotel every time (or close to it).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your recent stay with us. We do hope you'll give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed here while visiting Penn State. The website says its 23 miles from State College but that is incorrect. It is closer to 38 miles of very country, winding roads. It took about 45 minutes. And unless your GPS is recently updated, it won't have it. This is a newly opened hotel. We were on the 3rd floor and I wouldn't be surprised if we were the first guests in our room. It was a very large room (we had a king) and the bathroom was very large too. The decor is contemporary and very nice. The room was also very clean. We had 3 minor problems with the room. 1. Our TV didn't work but a quick call to the front desk and they told us to check the connection in back and that seemed to fix it. 2. The coffee maker wasn't plugged into an outlet because there wasn't one anywhere near it. We took it to the bathroom and used it there. 3. No tea in the rooms, only coffee. A frustrating problem for non-coffee drinkers. A big plus: the breakfast staff. Very friendly and very helpful. It had the usual continental style breakfast for Fairfield but seemed "fresher" (the fruit salad had lots of fresh oranges, FRESH pineapple, plus other fruit, not your usual 90% melon mixture and canned fruit). The breakfast area was very clean and they thoroughly cleaned each table (including wiping each chair) after it was vacated. Very impressive. Since we usually stay at much nicer hotels (4+ stars) we were not expecting much so this was a very nice surprise. We will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family