“Super clean, accommodating to mountain bikers........”

The Mill Stone Manor Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We went to Huntingdon to do mountian biking and relaxation. MIll Stone Manor is a great place along Route 22 in Huntingdon. Newly remodeled, very clean, Friendly staff. The towels were very large( I am guessing, 4 to 4.5 feet long) and really soft..........no need to bring extra towels! Yes there is a train across the street, behind some houses, but I did not hear them while I was asleep. The staff was very accommodating to mountian bikers, we will definately stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FromPA__10

Reviewed March 9, 2011

We came to Huntingdon to visit one of my friends, family. We decided to stay at the motel since there were 3 of us. We all enjoyed our stay and would choose this place again. We were told they had remodeled the rooms, which they must have because ours looked nice.

We also went to Top's Diner since it was right down the road for breakfast and it was good, too.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank IGOPSUI
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I almost never write a negative review but this hotel experience was the worst I can ever recall. Our "nonsmoking room" absolutely reeked of smoke. I woke up at 3am sick to my stomach from the smell. Could it have something to do with the fact that the manager and all the cleaning ladies smoke like chimneys?! The next day we went to the store and purchased a room air freshener to help with the bad smell.

I also give bad marks for the impossibly thin bath towels that could not possibly go around a normal sized adult human being all the way. If you must stay here, you should bring your own bath towels. Use the hotel towels for a bath mat instead of the paper bathmats that are provided.

On the bed side table were two small items that I initially thought were chocolate or mints. On closer inspection, they proved to be ear plugs. These come in handy for sleeping because the freight trains on the other side of Route 22 come barrel through all night long, blowing their train whistles.

Personally, if I ever visit the area again, I would sooner stay all the way in State College than return to this motel. In fact, I would sooner sleep in my car.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a smoker friendly, pet friendly hotel, and don't mind the noise of freight trains in the night, this motel could be an OK choice.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank rocknroll52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Comfort Inn Huntingdon
The Inn at Solvang
The Inn at Solvang
#1 of 3 in Huntingdon
Gage Mansion Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Mill Stone Manor Motel? Share your experiences!