“Allways a good bet.”

Ranked #8 of 35 Restaurants in Huntingdon
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Food and service are consistently good. Salad bar is excellent. Pity it is not licensed, however it is still a great choice.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

It's your typical steakhouse. The thing that makes it stand out is the amazing service. I'm not impressed with the prices. For a family of 3 (4 if you count the baby who eats for free), I never walk out of there spending less than $40. It drives me crazy.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

This place was clean and the staff were on their toes.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

A truly awful experience when we stopped off for a quick lunch as there are very limited restaurant options in this area. The set up was a very strange concept to us as you actually have to order before you sit down. There's a large salad bar with soup, salad, bread and desserts. I suppose that this is meant to make up for the "food" that they bring out later. How difficult is it to make grilled chicken tenders? Mine were so oversalted that I could only manage a few bites. The lettuce at the salad bar looked relatively fresh but I don't know whether I can say that about anything else in this "restaurant"!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Okay, this review is not just for this particular Hoss's but for the whole chain. My visit to this one was the same as all the others. This time I ordered the double grilled chicken breasts with baked sweet potato (which I had to return because it very stringy). Even though there is a salad, soup, and dessert bar included they really are not up to standards. Hoss's salad bars are "basic" at best. Even though I've never eaten the soups, they've looked unappetizing to me, and during this particular visit, there was spaghetti by the soups that looked like it was sitting there forever. My chicken was done well, and was very tender, but for the price I want a little more "wow"....especially with the seasonings. After this last visit, I came to the conclusion that I was done with Hoss's, at least until they improve their menu. If you want a somewhat inexpensive steak house then Hoss's may work for you, but I would suggest checking for alternatives first (Texas Roadhouse is my favorite).