“good steak”

Ranked #8 of 36 Restaurants in Huntingdon
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This place was clean and the staff were on their toes.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

A truly awful experience when we stopped off for a quick lunch as there are very limited restaurant options in this area. The set up was a very strange concept to us as you actually have to order before you sit down. There's a large salad bar with soup, salad, bread and desserts. I suppose that this is meant to make up for the "food" that they bring out later. How difficult is it to make grilled chicken tenders? Mine were so oversalted that I could only manage a few bites. The lettuce at the salad bar looked relatively fresh but I don't know whether I can say that about anything else in this "restaurant"!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Okay, this review is not just for this particular Hoss's but for the whole chain. My visit to this one was the same as all the others. This time I ordered the double grilled chicken breasts with baked sweet potato (which I had to return because it very stringy). Even though there is a salad, soup, and dessert bar included they really are not up to standards. Hoss's salad bars are "basic" at best. Even though I've never eaten the soups, they've looked unappetizing to me, and during this particular visit, there was spaghetti by the soups that looked like it was sitting there forever. My chicken was done well, and was very tender, but for the price I want a little more "wow"....especially with the seasonings. After this last visit, I came to the conclusion that I was done with Hoss's, at least until they improve their menu. If you want a somewhat inexpensive steak house then Hoss's may work for you, but I would suggest checking for alternatives first (Texas Roadhouse is my favorite).

Reviewed February 15, 2012

The salad bar is the smallest Hoss's salad bar we've been in. The bread area only had 2 selections. The salad toppings was limited. The outside sign highlighted the "steak & seafood" - the steak was not done as ordered and the seafood was ok.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Went there with my parents after a match expecting big, juicy steaks but they were thin, overcooked and flavorless. Service was poor and overall experience was a letdown.