“Love them”

Standing Stone Coffee Company
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Specialty espresso bar, in-house roasted, relationship-based coffee and coffee wholesale, paninis, sandwiches, salads, smoothies and milkshakes, soups, baked goods, desserts, free wi-fi, outdoor seating, coin-op laundromat, and a community hot spot!
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Great sandwiches and coffee, smoothies and everything else. Popular with students escaping dining hall fare, and popular with visiting parents and the Sunday lunch crowd. Run by extremely nice people, too!

Lindsay M, Manager at Standing Stone Coffee Company, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for the very kind review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at SSCC! We love those bustling Sundays with community guests, college students, and traveling visitors!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Very rarely do you get food made that professionally that cheaply, especially in rural PA. Anytime I have an extra $10 I always make sure I go over and get a sandwich and a coffee. The atmosphere alone is worth it.

Lindsay M, Manager at Standing Stone Coffee Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thanks, Garrison! What a kind review! Thank you for being part of our community!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I live in Huntingdon and this has been a great addition to our town. The food is good, and always fresh; and the coffee is great! The atmosphere is welcoming: college students, local people, and visitors all hang out here happily together. Sometimes the service can be a little slow (don't come here if you're in a hurry), but otherwise I'd recommend it enthusiastically.

1  Thank Kathleen B
Lindsay M, Manager at Standing Stone Coffee Company, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thanks for your review, Kathleen! You're one of our favorites to visit us! Thanks for the lovely review! We always do wish we could be quicker but with busy lunches, a small kitchen and making everything fresh on site, it can be a bit slower. Thanks for being flexible and waiting a bit!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Super friendly service every time I go in for some coffee. Their roaster seems to be getting better and better and the quality of beans has increased significantly over the past few years.

Thanks for the great feedback! We are always striving to roast the best ways possible for each variety of bean! Thank you!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I frequent Standing Stone Coffee Company often for a latte, baked oatmeal or sandwich for lunch. The drinks are always perfect and the food is always good. I highly recommend the baked oatmeal. Standing Stone Coffee gives back to the community through community fundraiser days and service projects. I feel good about supporting a coffee shop/restaurant that also supports the community. The art exhibits throughout the shop are interesting and enjoyable to check out while you wait for your order. Standing Stone Coffee also offers events (live music, trivia, ect.) that appeal to Juniata College students during the school year. The only reason I did not give Standing Stone Coffee five stars is the fact that the customer service isn't always good. Many of the employees are very nice but there are several who do not come across as warm (no smile or hello) and friendly. Initially, I thought maybe those employees were having a bad day but it seems to be the same 2-3 employees acting as if my order is a bother. Thankfully, I am a regular at Standing Stone Coffee and I know not all of the employees are this way. Because the location is small with a limit kitchen/prep area, I recommend calling ahead if you are taking a food order to go or in a hurry. Otherwise, enjoy your beverage and visit with friends while you wait for your food. When the weather is nice, the outdoor patio is a delight.

Thank you for your review of the shop. The oatmeal is a favorite and a homemade recipe - it's one of our favorites, too! Thank you for supporting us through the 15% Benefit Days - you make our outreach possible!

I apologize that you feel that certain staff aren't as welcoming and friendly. A staff person may be quieter than others and not as gregarious while working. If you'd like, I'd be happy to listen to you more and help address this issue. We assure you that everyone strives to welcome and care for every guest. I appreciate your graciousness in this process. Thank you!