“Great Wings place”
Review of Arooga's Hershey

Arooga's Hershey
Ranked #35 of 45 Restaurants in Hummelstown
Dining options: Late Night
Description: There’s never been a place quite like Arooga’s before. How do we know? Spies. That, and because we’re not just some average, run-of-the-mill, sports bar. Nope. We’re a slightly above average grille house and sports bar. That’s right. Our housemade food is prepared by chefs instead of factory workers — it’s better. The housemade bread, wings sauces, salad dressings, the housemade soups. All better. The beer is colder. The TVs, TV-er. You can see every game from every seat. And we mean every game, because we have every sports package available all 365 days of the year on 100's of flat screen tv's between all of our locations. We've got free wi-fi, Golden Tee, Buzztime trivia, and NTN Texas Hold 'em. We've got over 80 menu items under $8.99. And several other items priced over $8.99 for the rich folks. So if you're looking for great food prepared and served by above-average people that prepare and serve great food, you'll find it at Arooga's. If you're looking for fun, you'll find that, too. If you're looking for your boyfriend and/or girlfriend, we haven't seen him and/or her. So there you go, the proof's in the pudding here at Arooga's.
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Food was good, great selection of beer, and lots of TVs for the sports lovers. Our family enjoyed the wings!!!

Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

I went into Aroogas on my normal Wednesday night. I had a new server, and she obviously didn't know what she was doing. My dirty plate sat on the end of the table for over an hour and my waitress never once checked on us..... Even though she walked past a few times... I was very disappointed

1  Thank Trisha S
Reviewed August 18, 2014

My family & I ate had dinner there august 2014. The Good: Staff was friendly and wings tasted very good. The Bad: The service is poor at best, I thought our waitress left do to a shift change, she showed up half hour later. The wings are very good, we were there on "All you can eat wing day". The first order has ten wings, equal flats & drum sticks. Second & Third orders each come with 5 wings, but only one drum stick. I guess it is a way to save money. The issue that left a sour taste in my mouth was when you ask for subsequent wing orders they ask you if you want ranch or blue cheese and celery or carrots or both carrots & celery. They never said they charge for these items, it is said like they were included. I do not know if it states on the menu that there is a charge, we did not see it. My son & I had three orders which equated to $12.00 for a few celery & carrot sticks and small amount of ranch. I mentioned to the waitress that she should tell people there is a charge. In Summary, we go to Hershey each year and there are so many choices to eat, so we will not be going back

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Despite the negative reviews we saw on Trip Advisor for Arooga's, we went there for dinner tonight. We started the evening with the Amish pierogi appetizer. Delicious! I ordered the Bistro Filet with the mashed potatoes/gravy, and asked to substitute the sweet corn instead of the steamed broccoli. They were very accommodating with my request. My sister and her husband split the Ribs/Wings combo. They ordered the wings with the Kangarooga sauce. LOVED IT! The ribs they ordered with the classic Hickory smoked honey bar-b-que sauce. Those were fantastic, as well. My husband ordered the half and half soup (half beer cheddar/half chili). Again, the soup was amazing. The portions were very generous. So much so, that my husband had to finish my steak and veggies.
The service was impeccable. Our server, Kaisha, was extremely attentive. She checked on us several times during the evening to make see if we needed anything else, replenish our drinks, etc. Being new to the area, she also gave us several suggestions of things not to miss when we're out and about tomorrow. The manager stopped by at the end of our meal to check to see if everything was to our satisfaction.
All in all, it was a great evening. Next time we come through this area, we'll be sure to come back. Prices were unbelievably reasonable, service was great, and the people who worked there tonight were all friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

They have a few TV's here for watching sports - by a few I mean over 100. Great menu with something for everyone. Clean place, decent prices. Would definitely go back.