“Poor service! ”
Review of Arooga's Hershey

Arooga's Hershey
Ranked #36 of 47 Restaurants in Hummelstown
Dining options: Late Night
Description: There’s never been a place quite like Arooga’s before. How do we know? Spies. That, and because we’re not just some average, run-of-the-mill, sports bar. Nope. We’re a slightly above average grille house and sports bar. That’s right. Our housemade food is prepared by chefs instead of factory workers — it’s better. The housemade bread, wings sauces, salad dressings, the housemade soups. All better. The beer is colder. The TVs, TV-er. You can see every game from every seat. And we mean every game, because we have every sports package available all 365 days of the year on 100's of flat screen tv's between all of our locations. We've got free wi-fi, Golden Tee, Buzztime trivia, and NTN Texas Hold 'em. We've got over 80 menu items under $8.99. And several other items priced over $8.99 for the rich folks. So if you're looking for great food prepared and served by above-average people that prepare and serve great food, you'll find it at Arooga's. If you're looking for fun, you'll find that, too. If you're looking for your boyfriend and/or girlfriend, we haven't seen him and/or her. So there you go, the proof's in the pudding here at Arooga's.
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We placed a to go order over the phone for wings. When we got there to pick them up the hostess sent us to the bar. There we waited another 10 minutes just to be acknowledged. After giving them our last name it was a mad rush to pay for our order. Once home we realized they completely messed up our entire order of 50 wings. While the ticket/receipt clearly said boneless, they were all bone in. We called them up before taking them back and told it would be another 20 minutes until they were ready. Meanwhile we had food getting cold and guests waiting at the house. After going back we again waited at the bar, this time over 15 minutes only to be handed the wrong order again! We received no apology, nothing for all of our time wasted. They even made us return the old, cold wings that were given to us by mistake. Never again!

1  Thank Michelle M

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We walked into Aroogas around 7 on a Friday night and were told by 2 girls right inside at the hostess stand that it was an hour wait. There was no one else waiting in the lobby, and the place was half empty. No wonder this place is ranked so low. Not sure that much money will be made at a place that has empty tables with an hour wait and from what I'm reading here, poor service.(and not one, but TWO people to give you the bad news about the hour wait) We like the Aroogas on Route 22.

1  Thank Susie B
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have been to other Arooga's locations many of times so I my expectations were that this site would compare. The food did indeed compare. It came out in a reasonable time and it was really good (also a decent price). However, the service was lacking a little. Everyone I encountered was indeed friendly, but my friend and I waited a while to place our order after our appetizer, then we waited even longer to get our check. In fact, I had to ask to get my check. ($8 for a drink WHAT?!) I work in the service industry, so I try to have a lot of patience when dealing with people working because I don't want to cause any waves and I know what it's like to be the worker waiting on the public. I will give this place another chance because it was an ok experience. Hoping the second time is better.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We chose this place to watch the big SNF game. The place was crowded, and we were asked if we had phoned ahead. I didn't know that we could do that, but we decided to wait. As the place emptied after the late afternoon games, tables became available. We started with drinks and appetizers, eventually had more food and drinks, and a dessert. The service was slow but attentive, and since we were there to watch the game, we were in no hurry. The food was okay, mostly typical bar food. We liked the long list of available beers on tap. Since most of the crowd appeared to be rooting for the same team as us, we had an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Food was typical sports bar food, burgers, wraps, salads and wings. Waitresses were attentive and friendly. Restrooms were clean and well kept.