“Small Town Eatery”

Bill's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 47 Restaurants in Hummelstown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The service is great and the food is good. Locals are always there to catch up on the latest news. Parking is on the street or nearby lots in the center of town.

1  Thank Cecil H

Reviewed September 25, 2011

After seeing stellar reviews online, we decided on Bill's for breakfast on a Sunday. When we arrived, none of the three waitstaff acknowledged us until we had been sitting at our table for about five minutes. Someone came and put down a single glass of water (there were two of us) and walked away. We finally got menus and coffees, and watched as every other party coming through the door received the same bizarre, non-welcome as we did. Despite this, the atmosphere was fun, since just about everyone knew each other and was very warm and welcoming. Our meal was just so-so, it came pretty quickly but I had to remind the waitress that I had bacon with mine. A request for more coffee went unfulfilled for nearly 15 minutes, during which time I asked a different waitress and got the coffee. Bacon was great, thick-cut and crispy, and the over-medium eggs I ordered were done perfectly. The pancakes weren't so great, very chewy (not cakey), which I have never experienced in a pancake. They were difficult to cut and to chew.

Though I enjoyed the atmosphere and the price, the poor service and average food probably means I would not come back to Bill's Restaurant again.

1  Thank lc3708
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Hands down, the best breakfast in town. Great value as well. It is the essence of a hole in the wall gem that is one of the best places to grab a quick and hearty meal.

1  Thank curlycueku
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I routinely go to this restaurant for a brunch on weekdays. It is friendly, has great food, and is one of the best bargains in town. You don't choose this as a fancy restaurant. It is simply a good-for-the-soul sort of place where conversation will not uncommonly cross tables, and where "normal" people are seen. We should cherish this place. Try their Spanish omelet with home fries or turkey sandwich. Give them a nice tip.

Reviewed April 25, 2010

I recently went here with some family after they said it was their favorite place to go. The wait staff is extremely friendly and it seemed like everyone knew eachother. Great food at very affordable prices. The food came out quick too!