“Gas Station”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Once we got in it was fine. The place was packed and I'm thinking that is a good thing if you're an owner. Burgers and fries type of place. Service was good considering how crowded it was.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My family & I were in Hershy for a dance competition. I had seen this restaurant on the way to the competition & thought that it looked like a cool place for lunch. A few hours later the dancing school owner asked if anyone knew a place for a late lunch. I had recommended this place based on the curb appeal. It is sleek and drew my attention. I then checked their menu which was what I would consider a gourmet twist on the ordinary. For example they had crab cake sliders as opposed to beef. They had pulled pork tacos as opposed to chicken or beef. She asked me to call and see if they could accommodate 40 people. I called, spoke to Jared and he was very honest and said that because of the time of day we wanted to go that it was only him as the main server but he could handle it. We confirmed our reservation. At the end of the competition, we spread the word and as it turned out we had 70 people show up. Note that of the 70 very hungry people there were about 30 kids between the ages of 6 and 16. Being from Staten Island, we were a loud and friendly but rowdy bunch. Jared added more seating and tables as they kept coming and coming. He brought in some people from the bar and kitchen to help. At some point some he had two additional girls come in. They kept all the beverages flowing, they took the orders systematically and all the food came out in a timely manner. The food was really good and everyone was pleased. We did one check and divided it all evenly and at the end of the day with tip and all it all came out to $20 per person. You cannot argue with that. Next year we will call in advance so they know we are coming and they will be a little
More prepared but for what we threw at them they did a great job. Thank Jared

Reviewed June 4, 2013

very hot and food was average at best. you get what you pay for. service was good I would try another place next time in area

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We often go to the Gas Station for happy hour prices and a quick dinner. Drinks are lower in price, draft beer is just $1.50 and appetizers are five dollars. We have never had anything that wasn't tasty and served at the appropriate temperature. The soft pretzels with cheese sauce are my favorite. The $5 quesadilla or $5 nachos are a great value.
We have eaten a variety of menu items as well as specials from the big blackboard on the main wall of the bar. The chicken cheese steak wrap with fries is a favorite and we have also tried a couple different pizzas. (Although I prefer a thicker crust pizza, the brick oven flavor is excellent.)
Frankly, I'd say that if you live in the area and haven't given it at least a try, you a missing some good food at reasonable prices.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We decided to try Gas Station after passing it numerous times on the way to the Soda Jerk. I wish we would have passed it to go to the Soda Jerk. There were 2 of us, Friday night around 7:30, the restaurant was busy, but not packed. We were seated right away then waited for our server for about 5 minutes. She came to get our drink orders I asked if they had flavored mojito's, she said "we have a original flavored mojito", OK what about at strawberry daiquiri "nope we have an original flavored daiquiri on the rocks" at this point I am not even kind of impressed with the bar! I ordered a mojito, I have made better at home! Our server never told us about their specials, I happened to see them accidently on a big chalk board hanging on the wall in a very dimly lit corner. My big mistake was I ordered one of their specials which was a New England Lobster Roll, with old bay potato chips and a side of field greens. I should have known better. The roll was hard as a rock and the "lobster" part of the sandwich was horrible. It tasted like cheap mayo & celery salt, and it was a microscopic amount. There was 3 pieces of "field greens" and a SINGLE grape tomato cut in thirds on the filed greens. My fiancé ordered a patty melt burger. Does anyone remember the little old lady on the Wendy's commercial "where's the beef"? the bread was huge, the burger was not. The burger was burnt on the outside & rare on the inside. It comes with a Guinness cheddar spread which is tasty but over powering because they put way too much of it on the soggy bread. Both sandwiches were $14.00, very overpriced for sandwiches!! On top of the not great food, the server was horrible. She was rude and seemed to be annoyed with the fact that she had tables to wait on. The table next to us were complaining about her as well. Our food took over 35 minutes to be delivered to our table. It was not a good experience at all. Next time we will pass by for the Soda Jerk!

1  Thank sherrim1973