TripAdvisor
Hummelstown
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews great hotel waffles newer hotel complimentary breakfast indoor pool the breakfast area staff was friendly clean rooms would definitely stay here again giant center i highly recommend this hotel waffle maker front desk staff chocolate world minute drive fresh fruit we've stayed
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2019

I also had above our room
On third floor
Kids jumping on the floor early in the morning pounding on the floor and waking us up
But that is not your issue
Towels some stains and hair on them
Comforter few stains
Breakfast complimentary need more variety

Date of stay: September 2019
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Steve S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey @ The Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

jmatm2k1 -

Thanks for posting your review of our Hampton. We are committed to providing the best service and a relaxing stay. We apologize for falling short and will be sure to address the issues you have mentioned, preventing it from occurring in the future.
Safe Travels

Reviewed September 8, 2019

My family and I were very excited for a long Labor Day weekend trip to Hershey park and we booked a room at this location.

As we entered our 1st floor room (#110), we were hit with a stinky feet smell. The room was very dark with a worn-out rug and furniture. We were willing to overlook this because we understand that a hotel near an amusement park gets a lot of traffic.

Unfortunately, two years ago, we had a horrible experience with bed bugs from a hotel. So, we always do a bed bug mattress check for any hotel room we enter regardless if it is a luxury or economy hotel. We were in a room that had 2 queen beds. My husband and I checked the first bed and we did not find any signs of bed bugs. I walked over to the second bed and when l lifted the bed skirt, I saw something fall to the carpet. I called over my husband and I pointed my Iphone flashlight at the bed skirt. My husband, daughter and I saw 2 more little bugs crawling up the bed skirt. Needless to say, I freaked out! I didn't stick around long enough to get a picture of them because we ran out of that room fast. Therefore, I can not offically say they were bed bugs but, because of our past experience, I was not willing to take a chance.

The manager offered us another room, but because we were already traumatized, we declined and found a different hotel in the area.

Stay at your own risk!

W7194WMmp -

Thank you for your review, and for expressing your concerns. I wish that I would have had the opportunity to discuss these issues with you, but we have no problem reported during your stay. Please feel free to reach out so that we may discuss your stay, and ensure that you are responding to the correct hotel.

I do extend our apologies, we certainly are not happy to hear that your experience was less than perfect and are happy to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Safe Travels ~ S.Spear ~ General Manager

Reviewed September 5, 2019

clean hotel close to hersheypark. If you check in late on a busy night finding a parking spot may be a problem. There are restaurants nearby, and the AACA museum is rigth down the block and worth the visit.

Date of stay: September 2019
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
jbarsoum, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey @ The Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2019

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Hershey Near the Park, PA. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel! As service is the only product that we sell, creating rewarding experiences for our guests is why your feedback and/or comments of this kind are valued and will be sharing them with the management personnel and team. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience and look forward to future stays with us.

Reviewed August 25, 2019

Overall the value was not there, there were issues with the cable, staff was friendly not overly helpful and mid day room cleaning was subpar. I also booked a room with a couch ans the room we received did not have one. And a nice feature would have been a shuttle to the park but none was provided.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Calvin-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey @ The Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 16, 2019

I appreciate the modern look to this hotel. It was renovated 5 years ago and still looks new. The 24hr coffee, tea & hot chocolate in the lobby are nice touches. The free breakfast options were good and there was plenty of seating for guests. There was also plenty of parking onsite. The hotel staff was very nice & helpful. We didn’t use the pool.
The rooms aren’t terribly spacious, but they are fine. Everything was clean, but I noticed a slightly musty and damp smell near the window
/AC unit.
My only issue was that upon booking I requested connecting rooms and again at check in. Perhaps the front desk misunderstood me because she gave us adjacent rooms, but only one with the connecting door. When we asked to move one room, unfortunately someone else was staying there. She was apologetic though.
Overall a great stay for a trip to Hershey park. It’s just minutes away from the park (no shuttle though) and lots of dining options around. A little expensive, but so is everything else near the park. My kids enjoyed it, but thought there should be a bowl of Hershey kisses or something available to guests :) Will likely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
jbarsoum, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey @ The Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2019

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Hershey Near the Park, PA. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel! As service is the only product that we sell, creating rewarding experiences for our guests is why your feedback and/or comments of this kind are valued. I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience and look forward to future stays with us.