“We will never again visit this restaurant” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Warwick Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Hummelstown
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grantville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We will never again visit this restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had 6PM reservations for a Saturday night. When we arrived, we were told we would have to wait or sit outside (with the chance of rain in the forecast). I checked my watch and it was 5:52 PM. We also saw an open table for four in the dining room. As we were waiting, a walk in party came in and was seated immediately. When I asked why we were not being seated but the walk in party was, I was told that their party was larger. I asked why they would take are reservation if they were not going to honor it and the "hostess" said, in a very nasty tone, that it was not 6PM yet. I checked my watch again, 5:58, really??? Obviously, we left as I told her we would never be back. Fortunately, there are other restaurants in the Hummlestown/Hershey area that were happy to have our business.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Franklinton, North Carolina
“Try anything with Hoo Doo Sauce”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is one of my wife's family places to visit. We usually get the nachos with hoo doo sauce. The Hoo Doo burger is always a good choice. This is a small bar, restaurant in downtown Hummelstown. The atmosphere is nice and the waitresses are very good.

• Visited July 2013
Grantham, Pennsylvania
“Good Food at a fair price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We recently had dinner there again and it was very, very good. They make great burgers. They also have great entree's to choose from. The waite staff was always checking on our table to make sure everything was ok or to see if we needed another beverage. They also knew the menu and that helped when my wife asked a few questions about the specials for the night.

• Visited July 2013
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
“Never Try to Make a Reservation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been going to the Warwick Hotel for dinner for many years and have always had decent food and service. However, this is the second time I have tried to make a large party dinner reservation and they have turned us down. The first time was because it was "burger night". How does a place turn you down on burger night? Wouldn't they want a large group of people that are there to have dinner and pay full price rather than people looking for burger night discounts. The second time they had one other large party, so they asked me to come by 5:00. How can working people make it for dinner by 5:00 on a Thursday. Unbelievable. I will not be trying to make a reservation again and given the lack of willingness to accomodate me I may not be returning.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Keith M
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Consistently yummy and friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have been eating at the Warwick Hotel Restaurant for many years and the food and service can't be beat! So glad it is close to home!

• Visited June 2013