“Better Than You Would Expect”

The Warwick Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Hummelstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Warwick dates back to the 1800's when steam trains brought prosperity to Hummelstown. So it still looks much like the 1800's hotel it used to be - at least on the outside. The inside is more modern looking than that (so not real "historic"/quaint inside). Given that there is a central bar very prominent, you would expect that the bar is the most featured area - not so. The menu is much longer than you would expect from a neighborhood bar, and the dishes we ordered (both dinner pasta entrees) were a cut or two above. I liked the house salad, especially with the sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing. Prices are moderate-high, especially if you order any drinks. Very attentive service. Not sure if it was just the night we went, but it was a very boisterous crowd. On-street parking is very limited but there is a parking lot in the rear (but I don't think the entrance road - right beside the resturant - is marked). Quaint view from the main dining area of the Victorian buildings in Hummelstown. They do have outdoor seating (in milder weather) and a converted/enclosed rear porch.

There are newer reviews for The Warwick Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is a great place to dine. The best crabcakes and all the other menu selections are good. Generous portions, good cocktails, fair prices and a good location between Harrisburg and Hershey.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The "Wick" is a favorite of local people. Yes, there is a bar but I have never been there when there has been a problem. The garden room and patio are very nice and I usually ask to be seated in one of those two rooms. Food is very good! I have never had anything that I didn't like. Their homemade poppy seed dressing is excellent! I eat there frequently by myself and have always been made to feel comfortable. Servers are great. It has always felt like a homey hang-out place to me where everyone knows your name! I definitely recommend it.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Dined with my family. First visit. Menu is difficult to read and rather busy. Restaurant was freezing cold and very drafty. We all had burgers or sandwiches. All complained they were greasy and rather uninspired with lack of seasoning. Mine was dripping in grease...eww. Service was okay but could have been a bit friendlier. There are better options in the area.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We dined at the Warwick hotel in December. It had come recommended to us by a local, so I was looking forward to having dinner here. We had no problem finding parking. The town of Hummelstown looked quite charming, all lit up for Christmas.
We had made reservations, which were a must on this particular night. It was Friday night and it was very busy. Probably due to the tavern party that was celebrating the Mayan calendar hype.
We found the menu to be quite extensive. Way too many choices, as a matter of fact. Some might find this to be a plus, but my experience is that too many choices result in lower quality food.
I ordered the Veal Marsala. It came with a house salad that was quite disappointing. Iceberg lettuce. The veal itself was tender, but the overall meal didn't have anything exceptional or unusual.
I hear the beers are good, but, alas, I do not drink beer. And, personally, I would not put the merit of a drink over the quality of a beer, unless I was going there just to have the drink.
So, if you like beer...this place might be the one for you. But order a sandwich or a wrap. No need to pay out money for a meal that isn't worth the cost.