“Thanks to the staff, I will be back!”

Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Richlands, North Carolina
“Thanks to the staff, I will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed here during a recent trip to the Hershey area. Very convenient to the Hershey area - about 5 miles from the Giant Areana/Park.

First of all, the staff here is FABULOUS!!! Check in is supposed to be at 4pm. We arrived at 1pm on Saturday and Marianne at the front desk quickly found us a room that had been cleaned and got us checked in fast. She also gave us a map of the area and circled things on the map that would be of interest to us. We were there for the Hershey Bears hockey games and Marianne gave us a ton of info that was helpful. She even saved us the sports page the next day so we could read about the game we went to on Saturday night. Now, that is service! It is the little things like that which make me want to come back here! Eric, who worked the desk at night was equally friendly. And housekeeping was very attentive and our room looked just as good the second day as it did when we checked in!

The room was really nice. I liked the separate sitting area a lot. Everything was new and clean. And my husband loved the flat screen plasma tv. Loved the larger than usual refrigerator and the microwave in the room. I will agree with an earlier poster that yes, you can hear running kids above you...but, I will also add that a quick call to the front desk took care of it (I normally wouldn't have cared during daylight hours but I was trying to take a quick afternoon cat nap before the game). But that is my point, staff was attentive...and it was handled in a friendly, efficient way.

This hotel is fabulous! As long as Marianne, Eric and the others are on staff, I will continue to come here. It is obvious that they value good customer service and it has paid off -- I won't consider any other hotels the next time I visit the area (and we are already planning our next trip!).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write a review of the Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey.

On behalf of our staff, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels bring you to the Hershey/Harrisburg area.

Anthony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

Stayed weekend before Thanksgiving with sisters, grandkids, etc. We had 3 rooms. I agree with other posts that this location is away from the beaten path of Hershey Park but is so so close. Within 5 minutes you are on the main road to the park. The staff were very knowledgeable of the area and directed us to a local restaurant. The rooms were clean and bright.
I like this hotel because it is not to big and you can easily get to your car if needed.
The price is much more reasonable than any other hotel in the are with the same amenities. I have stayed at Hershey Hotel, Springfield, holiday Inn and Quality inn. This hotel is by far the best for the price and cleanliness.
The morning breakfast is adequate and I like that you can get coffee all day. The staff puts out complimentary cookies as well which was a nice touch.
The only negative I could say is that the indoor pool water temperature is too cold and staff members stated they could not adjust the temperature. The kids wanted to swim but our main reason for being there was the parks so it was a non issue.
However I think the water temp should be elevated so people can swim if they want to. The whole weekend not one person was in the pool which I am sure was due to the cold temps.
All in all, a great stay and a great place. We will be back next year

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2010

A perfect getaway close to Hershey. Room was very clean and comfortable. A great vaule considering the cost of other Hershey Lodging options. Hotel staff was curteous and helpful. First time staying at a Comfort Suites and I would definitely go again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2010

Very clean, well-appointed roomy accomodations. A tremendous value in the Hershey area. Approx. 6 short miles to Hershey Park, but worth the trip.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

Nireat breakfast, very clean, great location, nice rooms.

• Stayed November 2010

Princess Anne, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2010

My family travel to Hummelstown for Hershey Park in the Dark. First let me say that the hotel was no more than about 5 minutes from Hershey Park. So that was an A+. We got lost a couple times so we each time I called the hotel the guy at the front desk was so helpful and kind no matter how many times I called. The hotel was top-notch with their cleaness, pool, exercise room and the suite itself. The room was a very nice size to accomodate my husband, myself and our four children. The breakfast was wonderful Saturday and Sunday morning. This is one hotel that actually have a good complimentary breakfast. My chidlren and husband was also please. The lady at the front desk that Saturday morning and Sunday morning was also very kind and helpful and the kids love the cookies and candy they recieve from her. They made us feel very welcome after a 3 hour drive. I recommend this hotel to anyone who visit Hershey Park instead of paying the high price at the Hershey Park lodge.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank wykenacottman

Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

The staff was friendly and helpful. The lobby was nicely decorated and the breakfast was better than most. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. The bed and pillows were very nice. I would highly recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Anthony
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 24 in Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey

Been to Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey? Share your experiences!