“Super Clean, Refreshing, Friendly”

Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Went to Hershey Park which is just 6 miles away and easy to find. Close to restaurants too! This hotel was extremely clean and staff very friendly. Hotel still has newness smell and is NON smoking which is a great big plus for our family. Terrific breakfast in the morning including make your own waffles- delicious!! Also, fruit, yogurt, bagles, danish, toast , eggs and sausage. We got an excellent price considering if you stay in Hershey everything is 225 and up for one night!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write a review of the Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey.

On behalf of our staff, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels bring you to the Hershey/Harrisburg area.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey

Reviewed August 3, 2010

The most comfortable hotel bed that I have ever slept in. The rooms were very clean and very modern looking. The staff could be a little bit more friendly. You can also hear hallway noise rather easily. Overall, I would definitely stay again for my trips to Hershey!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 2, 2010

The hotel is located just a few miles from Hershey Park, all via major highway so it only takes less than 10 minutes to drive to the park. To the west, it was very close to Harrisburg and all of the dining choices in that direction.

It's a very new hotel, still very clean inside and out. The rooms were spacious and clean. The lobby, internet desks and eating area were great. The complimentary breakfast was a great added value, with fresh scrambled eggs, cheese omelletes, sausage and belgain waffles in addition to standard continental breakfast foods.

The price was less than half (per night) than the on-site hotel at Hershey. The staff was pleasant and very accommodating to every request. The manager even recommended a wonderful Italian restaurant for dinner that was a highlight of our trip.

We traveled with two cars but on the day of checkout we were still able to leave one car parked at the hotel while we did some more sightseeing at Chocolate World and Indian Echo Cavern.

This is the place to stay if you're looking for a great value!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CDinDE
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Reviewed July 13, 2010

I didn't want to pay the high rate at the Hershey Lodge so began to look for hotels near Hershey that were reasonably priced. I came across Comfort Suites and read the reviews from other travelers, they were positive and had a great rate, half of what I would of paid at the Hershey Lodge. The hotel is located right off the road, across the street is a storage place, there isn't much of a view and you might think when you get there that you may have made a mistake and will not want to stay there as I and the other family I was traveling with thought the same, but once you see the hotel and what they offer you will be happy you stayed there. The hotel is only a year old, the pictures are exactly what the the hotel, rooms, pool, and breakfast area look like. Front office was very friendly, hotel is clean and modern in taste. Rooms are clean and a good size, has a sofa which converts to a bed, flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator and a good size bathroom. I didn't use the pool so cannot comment on this, since we were going to spend most of our time at Hershey Park and other areas of interest the pool was not something I was going to use. Fitness room was small, so if there were more than 5 people in the room you would need to wait to use the machines. Breakfast was great it included fruit, cereal, yogurt, two hot items (for example scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, grits), french toast, bagels, pastries, english muffins, toast, muffins, juices, make your own waffles and great coffee. The staff that worked the breakfast area was always very courteous and attentive. If you needed something or if they ran out of an item and you asked them for more, they would respond quickly and with a smile. Front desk staff during the morning and evening were always very friendly. It seems a lot of people must of read the good reviews because the hotel was sold out they had no vacancies during our stay. Most of families that were there had either little kids, tweens and teenagers. I would definitely recommend this hotel for those going to Hershey Park.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank nyh8907

Reviewed June 27, 2010

We stayed here on a recent trip to hershey park and were very happy with the people working here, and the location to the park, the price was reasonable and the front desk person was very helpful with directions and suggestions of things in the area to check out. breakfast was fine and we will stay here agin when in this area. Thank You

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 15, 2010

This Hotel was nice but very noisy, The walls may be thin but everything is heard. People in the hallway that were casually speaking could be heard. The staff has no personality at all. I Spoke to 3 different people at the desk and only one of them could give a friendly smile. I told the lady one night that the heated pool was cold and I got nothing back. Really disappointed with this hotel and would not recommend staying there. Many other options in the area.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cheffeni
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

On behalf of the Comfort Suites Hummelstown, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The staff at our hotel takes great pride in our property and I would like to invite you back to see the improvements we have made since you last stay.

Reviewed August 23, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for one night before Hershey Park. The hotel is so new it still has the new building smell. The pool was on the small side but indoors. This hotel is away from the "main drag" where other hotel clustered but close enough to everything, e.g. resturants, Hershey Park etc.. The rate is a little more reason than other hotels in the area, maybe it is so new.

The front desk staff was very personable and service with a smile. The breakfast was very good, on the day we were there they have two hot items, Cheese Omletes and Sauage Patties plus other usual breakffast items. Get there early it gets crowded. They provide a small tray for you to take your breakfast back to your room.

The room is great with two double beds and a small sitting area. Very clean and AC works really good. Free WiFi services and microwave/fridge in room. Will definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Anthony

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Comfort Inn at the Park
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey

Been to Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey? Share your experiences!