“nuni50”

Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed here on a recent trip to Hershey it was great ,about 10 minutes away quick check in(we were early and still got in our room quickly) clean room, breakfast the next morning was great a little busy so go early but a great value for the money and the staff was helpful and friendly. Thanks

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Good Morning nuni50!

Thank you for writing such kind words about your stay here with us. I am glad that we could accommodate you for an early check in. We look forward to welcoming you back when you come to the area again.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey

Reviewed August 16, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This place is awesome. Clean, friendly, wide selection of good food for breakfast. Frig and microwave in each room. I like that the room thermostat controls the climate. Close to the Hershey hotspots. You won't be disappointed. Not sure why its only 2 star should be alot higher. THANK YOU

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PattiShine
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Good Afternoon PattiShine!

Thank you for your awesome review! I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We also question the 2 star rating, however a stay with us will prove that we go above and beyond to provide five-star accommodations and customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back if you are in the area again.

Your friend,

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Recently took a day trip to the Lancaster area and then stayed here for an early start the next day to Hershey Park; overall a perfect location for our trip. Hotel looks fairly new, so everything was in excellent condition, room was very clean and the perfect size for my family (there are 3 of us). The highlight for me without a doubt was soft sheets on the bed! Every hotel I have stayed at the past few years have sheets that feel like sandpaper and are completely uncomfortable; as a result I sleep horribly! Thanks to the soft sheets, this was the first time in a long time I actually had a great nights sleep in a hotel and was well rested for the all day adventure at Hershey Park.

If we visit Hershey again we will definitely stay here. I highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Hershey Park but don't want to pay Hershey hotel prices; besides that extra money you save by staying here will come in handy once inside Hershey Park! :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Hello friend,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us some feedback. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a fairly new hotel, so room condition is one of our top priorities, alongside staff service. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your family on their Hershey Park vacation.

I would have to agree with you on the soft sheets and pillows, they are simply amazing!!! In fact, many of our guests purchase linens to take home with them before leaving. Thank you again for your kind words and positive recommendation. We welcome your family back anytime!

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Newly renovated rooms including couch and chair. A bit larger than other hotel rooms. We stayed here when we were going to Hershey, and compared to others in the area price was reasonable. It was about 10-15 minutes away from the park. Breakfast was really busy here. It was hard to leave after we checked out because there is only one elevator, and it took about 20 minutes of waiting until there was room for the luggage cart in the elevator.

Room Tip: choose first floor so you don't have to wait for the elevator with your luggage cart
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Greetings HammerHeidi!

Thank you so much for your positive review. Our team here at the Comfort Suites Hershey takes great pride in the up keep and condition of each and every room. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

I do apologize for the inconvenience with the elevator. It does tend to get overcrowded, especially in the morning with all the Hershey Park tourists headed out around the same time. If you should happen to stay with us again we will be more than happy to accommodate a first floor request.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel, very comfortable, clean, very close to hershey park and has many restaurants nearby. Free breakfast is not bad, but small place to eat. only one way to enter the hotel, so we had to make a U turn to enter the property. a little dangerous ... other than that, everything was very good

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank crisduque13
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Good Morning crisduque13!

Thank you for writing such kind words about your stay at the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg. The staff great pride in our hotel and I'm glad it shows.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you come to the area again.

Safe journeys,

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Room was not ready when I arrived. Front desk woman was extremely rude to me that I would have canceled my reservation right there, if I wasn't concerned I would not find another room at the last minute. I wish I did after the experience I had.

When we came back and were able to get into our room, we found a half eaten slice of pizza and pepperoni on floor. I told the front desk and they DID NOT come to clean it. I could not believe it.

The pool was VERY gross and dirty (Green). When I was in it, a large clump of hair got stuck to my shoulder. I immediately got my kids out of there and into the shower.

Used elliptical in workout room. It has duct tape holding it together. Are you kidding me?

Not enough room to seat the large volume of folks at breakfast. We were forced to huddle in a corner across the lobby with our poor two year old trying to eat without a table.

Easily the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

The room in general was VERY nice and this place has great potential. Sadly, it is being run very poorly and there is clearly substandard staff employed there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jarett R
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Jarett R.

On behalf staff and management of the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg, I am sadden to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. I think this incident was a fluke with regards to our committment to service.

As you can read in many of our other reviews, other guests rave about our hotel and the customer service and cleanliness of our hotel and I hurt that you did not experience it.

I welcome you back as my guest to change your opinion of the Comfort Suites and see what our other guest have postively experienced. You can contact me directly at 717.566.3000 extenstion 501 or via email at avenuto@padutchhotels.com before coming to Hershey/Harrisburg area again.

Best regards,
Anthony

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Comfort Inn at the Park
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey

Been to Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey? Share your experiences!