“Yes !”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
outside Philadelphia
“Yes !”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This place is awesome. Clean, friendly, wide selection of good food for breakfast. Frig and microwave in each room. I like that the room thermostat controls the climate. Close to the Hershey hotspots. You won't be disappointed. Not sure why its only 2 star should be alot higher. THANK YOU

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PattiShine
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Good Afternoon PattiShine!

Thank you for your awesome review! I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We also question the 2 star rating, however a stay with us will prove that we go above and beyond to provide five-star accommodations and customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back if you are in the area again.

Your friend,
Anthony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Denville, New Jersey
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Recently took a day trip to the Lancaster area and then stayed here for an early start the next day to Hershey Park; overall a perfect location for our trip. Hotel looks fairly new, so everything was in excellent condition, room was very clean and the perfect size for my family (there are 3 of us). The highlight for me without a doubt was soft sheets on the bed! Every hotel I have stayed at the past few years have sheets that feel like sandpaper and are completely uncomfortable; as a result I sleep horribly! Thanks to the soft sheets, this was the first time in a long time I actually had a great nights sleep in a hotel and was well rested for the all day adventure at Hershey Park.

If we visit Hershey again we will definitely stay here. I highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Hershey Park but don't want to pay Hershey hotel prices; besides that extra money you save by staying here will come in handy once inside Hershey Park! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello friend,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us some feedback. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a fairly new hotel, so room condition is one of our top priorities, alongside staff service. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your family on their Hershey Park vacation.

I would have to agree with you on the soft sheets and pillows, they are simply amazing!!! In fact, many of our guests purchase linens to take home with them before leaving. Thank you again for your kind words and positive recommendation. We welcome your family back anytime!

Best Regards,

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Newly renovated rooms including couch and chair. A bit larger than other hotel rooms. We stayed here when we were going to Hershey, and compared to others in the area price was reasonable. It was about 10-15 minutes away from the park. Breakfast was really busy here. It was hard to leave after we checked out because there is only one elevator, and it took about 20 minutes of waiting until there was room for the luggage cart in the elevator.

Room Tip: choose first floor so you don't have to wait for the elevator with your luggage cart
Greetings HammerHeidi!

Thank you so much for your positive review. Our team here at the Comfort Suites Hershey takes great pride in the up keep and condition of each and every room. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

I do apologize for the inconvenience with the elevator. It does tend to get overcrowded, especially in the morning with all the Hershey Park tourists headed out around the same time. If you should happen to stay with us again we will be more than happy to accommodate a first floor request.

Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel, very comfortable, clean, very close to hershey park and has many restaurants nearby. Free breakfast is not bad, but small place to eat. only one way to enter the hotel, so we had to make a U turn to enter the property. a little dangerous ... other than that, everything was very good

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank crisduque13
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Good Morning crisduque13!

Thank you for writing such kind words about your stay at the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg. The staff great pride in our hotel and I'm glad it shows.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you come to the area again.

Safe journeys,
Canandaigua, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Room was not ready when I arrived. Front desk woman was extremely rude to me that I would have canceled my reservation right there, if I wasn't concerned I would not find another room at the last minute. I wish I did after the experience I had.

When we came back and were able to get into our room, we found a half eaten slice of pizza and pepperoni on floor. I told the front desk and they DID NOT come to clean it. I could not believe it.

The pool was VERY gross and dirty (Green). When I was in it, a large clump of hair got stuck to my shoulder. I immediately got my kids out of there and into the shower.

Used elliptical in workout room. It has duct tape holding it together. Are you kidding me?

Not enough room to seat the large volume of folks at breakfast. We were forced to huddle in a corner across the lobby with our poor two year old trying to eat without a table.

Easily the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

The room in general was VERY nice and this place has great potential. Sadly, it is being run very poorly and there is clearly substandard staff employed there.

1 Thank Jarett R
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Jarett R.

On behalf staff and management of the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg, I am sadden to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. I think this incident was a fluke with regards to our committment to service.

As you can read in many of our other reviews, other guests rave about our hotel and the customer service and cleanliness of our hotel and I hurt that you did not experience it.

I welcome you back as my guest to change your opinion of the Comfort Suites and see what our other guest have postively experienced. You can contact me directly at 717.566.3000 extenstion 501 or via email at avenuto@padutchhotels.com before coming to Hershey/Harrisburg area again.

Best regards,
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one overnight with a friend and our kids for a visit to Hershey. Since I was treating for the hotel, I compared prices and this hotel was significantly less expensive than the hotels in Hershey. However, this hotel was located about 5 minutes to Hershey and well worth saving funds to stay here. There really isn't a place to eat within walking distance but a three minute drive get you to a ton of choices.
I was so pleased when we drove up and the hotel was brand new and very nice. The rooms were large, new and clean. We had a two queen suite with a slightly separated sitting areas with a small pull out couch. Plenty of room for the 4 of us.
The bathroom was a little small but very clean and was not a deterrent at all.
The pool was rather small and it did not have a hot tub, but the kids loved it and had fun. No arguments here.
Breakfast was good with a nice variety of hot and cold choices. It does get busy before everyone leaves for the park but my son and i went down early and had no problem. When my friend went down later, it was significantly busier.
I would definitely stay here again if I wanted to save some money and stay somewhere clean and new.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank angelambudd
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Greetings angellambudd!

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. They are greatly appreciated by myself and the staff of the hotel. We happy you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments we take seriously. Alot of people have said our pool is too small and we have heard you. On the next hotel we build from the ground up we plan on putting a bigger pool and hot tub in it as alot of people requested.

Once again, thank you for taking time out of busy schedule to write a review.

Your friend,
Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We arrived late in the afternoon, the day before the sold out 1D concert. The Manager, Anthony, and my 13 year old daughter were quickly chattering about her getting tickets to see the most ultimate British boy band in the world today. Everything about the hotel was at or above our expectations. Anthony was wonderful to work with as well as the other staff we encountered. The accommodations were extremely comfortable; loved the room layout for privacy between the sleeping area and the sitting area, housekeeping did a great job, all features of the room and hotel were a pleasant & relaxing welcome after a full day of touring the Hershey Chocolate World. We would definitely return to this hotel if we are in the area again. Thanks Anthony! The concert was a blast!!

2 Thank D M
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Greeting DM!

Im glad to hear that you guys enjoyed the One Direction concert! (Next time bring back a t-shirt, just kidding) and even happier to hear that you enjoy our hotel. Its the staff's number one goal to anticipate your needs and make sure you enjoy your stay with us.

Next time your in Herhsey, make sure you stop by and say hi!

Your friend
Anthony
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
#2 of 4 in Hummelstown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)

Been to Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey? Share your experiences!