“This Hotel is a Trainwreck”

Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Canandaigua, New York
“This Hotel is a Trainwreck”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Room was not ready when I arrived. Front desk woman was extremely rude to me that I would have canceled my reservation right there, if I wasn't concerned I would not find another room at the last minute. I wish I did after the experience I had.

When we came back and were able to get into our room, we found a half eaten slice of pizza and pepperoni on floor. I told the front desk and they DID NOT come to clean it. I could not believe it.

The pool was VERY gross and dirty (Green). When I was in it, a large clump of hair got stuck to my shoulder. I immediately got my kids out of there and into the shower.

Used elliptical in workout room. It has duct tape holding it together. Are you kidding me?

Not enough room to seat the large volume of folks at breakfast. We were forced to huddle in a corner across the lobby with our poor two year old trying to eat without a table.

Easily the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

The room in general was VERY nice and this place has great potential. Sadly, it is being run very poorly and there is clearly substandard staff employed there.

1 Thank Jarett R
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Jarett R.

On behalf staff and management of the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg, I am sadden to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. I think this incident was a fluke with regards to our committment to service.

As you can read in many of our other reviews, other guests rave about our hotel and the customer service and cleanliness of our hotel and I hurt that you did not experience it.

I welcome you back as my guest to change your opinion of the Comfort Suites and see what our other guest have postively experienced. You can contact me directly at 717.566.3000 extenstion 501 or via email at avenuto@padutchhotels.com before coming to Hershey/Harrisburg area again.

Best regards,
Anthony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one overnight with a friend and our kids for a visit to Hershey. Since I was treating for the hotel, I compared prices and this hotel was significantly less expensive than the hotels in Hershey. However, this hotel was located about 5 minutes to Hershey and well worth saving funds to stay here. There really isn't a place to eat within walking distance but a three minute drive get you to a ton of choices.
I was so pleased when we drove up and the hotel was brand new and very nice. The rooms were large, new and clean. We had a two queen suite with a slightly separated sitting areas with a small pull out couch. Plenty of room for the 4 of us.
The bathroom was a little small but very clean and was not a deterrent at all.
The pool was rather small and it did not have a hot tub, but the kids loved it and had fun. No arguments here.
Breakfast was good with a nice variety of hot and cold choices. It does get busy before everyone leaves for the park but my son and i went down early and had no problem. When my friend went down later, it was significantly busier.
I would definitely stay here again if I wanted to save some money and stay somewhere clean and new.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank angelambudd
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Greetings angellambudd!

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. They are greatly appreciated by myself and the staff of the hotel. We happy you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments we take seriously. Alot of people have said our pool is too small and we have heard you. On the next hotel we build from the ground up we plan on putting a bigger pool and hot tub in it as alot of people requested.

Once again, thank you for taking time out of busy schedule to write a review.

Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We arrived late in the afternoon, the day before the sold out 1D concert. The Manager, Anthony, and my 13 year old daughter were quickly chattering about her getting tickets to see the most ultimate British boy band in the world today. Everything about the hotel was at or above our expectations. Anthony was wonderful to work with as well as the other staff we encountered. The accommodations were extremely comfortable; loved the room layout for privacy between the sleeping area and the sitting area, housekeeping did a great job, all features of the room and hotel were a pleasant & relaxing welcome after a full day of touring the Hershey Chocolate World. We would definitely return to this hotel if we are in the area again. Thanks Anthony! The concert was a blast!!

2 Thank D M
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Greeting DM!

Im glad to hear that you guys enjoyed the One Direction concert! (Next time bring back a t-shirt, just kidding) and even happier to hear that you enjoy our hotel. Its the staff's number one goal to anticipate your needs and make sure you enjoy your stay with us.

Next time your in Herhsey, make sure you stop by and say hi!

Your friend
Seattle
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our stay was good at this hotel. I expected it to be closer to Hershey, but it wasn't that much further the the bulk of hotels servicing Hershey Park.

It appears this is a newer hotel. Room was large and well kept.

The only complaint was the rush for the breakfast buffet between 8:30 - 9:00am. People wanting to eat priot to making their journey to Hershey Park, which opens at 10:00. We got caught up in this rush our first morning, but we successfully avoided it our second morning, by going down earlier.

There is one elevator serving the property, and in the mornings in can be really slow.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank F4_Washington
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hello friend!

We here at the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg would like to thank you for choosing our hotel over some of the closer hotel options. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us and welcome you back should you ever be in the Hershey/Harrisburg area again.

I do apologize for the rush at breakfast, it does tend to get overcrowded with all of the Hershey Park visitors grabbing a bite to eat before they head out. I am however, glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast on the second morning.

Our team takes great pride in providing excellent customer service and the keep-up of the hotel, as we are only four years old. Thanks again for taking the time out to give us some helpful feedback.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2013

First to say my expectation of this property was not high at first. It was a last minute booking for an impromptu visit to Hershey Parks. I just wanted to sleep comfortably after a long drive from New York.

I was surprised upon check in as the pictures usually are better than the room itself but for this property, the room itself looked MUCH better than what was depicted in the pictures. Furniture is well maintained and room was very clean. As per myself being in the industry as well, I tend to check the sweet spots where housekeepers tend to forget frequently and all those were spotless as well.

Breakfast was plenty and had variety of choice. On top of the usual breakfast buffet with the eggs, sausage, and toasts which was the usual for most of my trips, they had more selection such as fresh batter for waffle on spot, hard boiled eggs, yoplait, fresh fruits, and assortment of pastries. Staff was constantly in and out to stock the items and it seems that the team here knows the importance of the most important meal of the day!

Enjoyed my stay and definitely will be back for any lodging needs around this area.

Room Tip: One con of the room was that there was no blackout shade but only the sheer to the window. I woke up...
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eric K
HI Eric K.!

On behalf of the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg, the team is very happy we exceeded your exceptions of our hotel and of the Comfort Suites by Choice Hotels brands.

Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent customer service, clean accommodations, and a great morning breakfast.

Just for future knowledge when you return to our hotel, every room has blackout curtains. They are located behind the sheer curtains and right up against the windows.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when you travel to the Hershey/Harrisburg area.

San Jose, California
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Mariann at the front desk provided me with "above and beyond" service on two occasions, both times with a wonderful attitude. I don't usually write reviews, but I wanted to give her a shout-out. Also, breakfast offerings were very family-friendly (and not just junk food).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Hi LisaD177!

On behalf of everyone including Mariann, Thank you for choosing our hotel while traveling to the Hershey/Harrisburg area. Our staff takes great pride in our property and we are glad you and family enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the near future.

Laurens, NY
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean, unfortunately, it is located near nothing! Wish we had known that because Hershey Park was about 4 and 1/2 miles away. If you are planning on taking a trip to Hershey Park, please take my advice and STAY at Hershey Park! NO restaurant on site either.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor room 106. It was a great room!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CSHersheyGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hi StacySLaurens,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Comfort Suites Hershey/Harrisburg. We are glad you found our property clean and also nice. The staff takes great pride in our facility and we are happy that you enoyed your stay.

As for location, I admit we are away from restuarants and stores, but we are within 5 miles to downtown Hershey and Herhsey Park and within 10 minutes from downtown Harrisburg and the night life there.

Have a great day and again, thank you for leaving a comment.

Anthony
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
#2 of 4 in Hummelstown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)

Been to Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey? Share your experiences!