“Huge room, great value, a little noisy”

Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Baltimore, Maryland
“Huge room, great value, a little noisy”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

This was our second stay at this comfort suites. We requested a king room on the top floor and were delighted to receive our request. The room was bigger than our last room, I think because of the way it was laid out. We had a very comfortable king bed, with huge sitting area, good size tv and completely separate bathroom. Overall the room was clean, but the bathroom could use some deep cleaning. Mold in the caulk. A couple paint chips were missing in the walls in the living room as well. The pool was a great asset. A little small and a tad cold for my taste, but there were plenty of people in it. We didn't use the fitness room, but it was in good order. I was actually impressed with the quality of computers in their business area which is located in the lobby, quite nice. Breakfast was pretty good. They should add a waffle maker since there was only one. As well, the girl restocking should realize people have a limited amount of time, so anticipate when things are going to be out. She moved a little too slow. There's a sundries store well stocked in the lobby and well lit parking. The only drawback is that you may get a room next to the road and railroad tracks. It's loud. Maybe the management needs to assess the noise levels and do some sound proofing. We would definitely recommend and stay at this hotel again. Safe area.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Umesh V, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review for our Hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel. Your feedback is very valuable to us. It helps us highlight the service drawbacks and help us improve. My team and I sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Umesh Vaidya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Kechi, Kansas
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I can't get overly excited but there is nothing wrong with this property. It was close enough to Hershey without being in the middle of the madness.It met our expectations for a Choice Hotel. I would definately stay there again and recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our Hotel. My team and I appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel. We hope to see you when you visit Hershey again.

PA
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were given a handicapped accessible room even though we did not require one. The room was HUGE! Although it was laid out rather aquardly. The tv was on a piece of furniture that held the mini fridge and wasn't really easy to watch from the seating area or the beds. It did swivel, but it still did not provide the best view.
The shower head in the tub was basically broken. It is a removable/adjustable shower massage. The head would not stay in an up position, so you had to bathe while holding the shower head in one hand. Because it was a handicapped room, the tub had a seat and tons of grab bars that made it a bit of a tight squeeze.
Even though this is supposed to be a 100% no smoking hotel, about 1 am our entire room filled with the stench of cigarette smoke. It was unbearably strong. It even managed to fill the bathroom area! I was literally choking and my eyes were watering it was that strong. We complained to the front desk and they basically said there was nothing they could do!
The breakfast was nice, although the one guy re-stocking food was overwhelmed. I'd hate to see what it's like on a weekend when the hotel is packed! One word of advice. If you want a good selection, be sure to get their early! Once the waffle batter is gone, they don't restock it if it's getting near the end of breakfast. (we were there at 9)
Overall it was a nice place. We took our son to Hershey and needed somewhere to stay overnight. I'd stay there again. Hopefully the shower head wouldn't slide down the pole and rinse only my toes in a different room. ha!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to write review about our Hotel. My team and I sincerely appreciate the feedback. Your feedback is very valuable to us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel. At the same time I apologize for our shortcomings. With your feedback we were able to rectify the issues. Our team strives to perform better and provide our guests with best possible clean and comfortable rooms. We hope to see you again when you visit Hershey again.

Lusby, Maryland, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hotel exceeded my expectations! Our room was clean, the hotel staff was friendly and helpful and the hot breakfast was a plus. Close to the attractions yet far enough away, to be a quiet area. Will stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Umesh V, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for taking time to fill out online survey for our Hotel. My team and I appreciate your feedback. At Comfort Suites Hershey-Hummelstown we strive to provide best possible service and offer cleanest possible facilities to our guests. Your comments works as great moral booster for our team. We will look forward to see you again at our Hotel in near future.

Bayside, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went their for the weekend for some R and R. The place was very clean and the staff was eager to help. We had a wonderful time. I recommend this place to anyone who is traveling in this area. In addition, they serve breakfast as part of your stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write a review of the Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey.

On behalf of our staff, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels bring you to the Hershey/Harrisburg area.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very clean rooms and fairly new, this hotel was a value . It is about 5 minutes from Hershey and about 35 minutes from Dutch wonderland. It was in expensive, less than half the price of the Hershey hotel, and twice as clean! Room rate includes a small breakfast. The only draw back was a small pool but no big deal bc your out at the parks all day anyway!

• Stayed August 2012

Oceanside, New York, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I CHECKED THE REVIEWS AND THEY WERE ALL TRUE CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE WITH GOOD SERVICE. Close to Hershey park i will stay again, a short drive to some good places to eat , the breakfast was good and plenty of it , the pool was a bit small but no big deal there. the prices are reasonably and the staff was friendly and accomadating

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CSHHIXAreaGM, Owner at Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey, responded to this review, May 10, 2014

Anthony
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Comfort Inn at the Park
#2 of 4 in Hummelstown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey

Been to Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey? Share your experiences!