“Overpriced/Overrated/Poor customer service”

Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area)
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Several reasons why we won't stay here again. My main complaint is that after I checked in I discovered the televisions in the entire hotel were not working. We were not told about this at check in. I had 2 rooms with children in both. I wanted to change hotels but they said they would charge me $189.00 ( the price of one of the rooms) to do so. We stayed and the TVs never worked. What happened to customer service?? This hotel is given 3 AAA red diamonds. This is not deserved and I will be contacting AAA about this. The room was also way over priced. This is a 1.5 star hotel at best-even if the TVs would have been working.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank DarrylPA
HIEHersheyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Hello and Thank You for your review!

I am concerned about your experience at my hotel. I apologize on behalf of my entire team.
I am aware of the TV issue we had during your stay. Our equipment was out for two days due to Lightning and Hail damage to our system. I am sorry we were unable to provide quality service to you and your family. I certainly understand how this would be an issue and for that, I am sorry.
Also, my team should have allowed you to check out without a fee given the circumstances. I will share your experience with my team so that they understand the total guest experience.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and Travel Safe!

Reviewed July 23, 2010

I liked the hotel. Room was ok. Pool and hottub good. Breakfast was a zoo. Guests were rude at breakfast line. Lots of people pushing and taking multiples of things and then throwing them away. Front desk personnel were nice (the men) I did notice that one girl was constantly talking on phone and knows its wasnt business. Business center was hardly available because of people doing emails. Didnt have problems with the room except the refrigerator kept banging and the bed springs. The location was excellent if you were going to Hershey Park. Lots and lots of kids. I love kids but not when the parents dont control them.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank stripp1

Hello and Thank You for your Review!

Thanks for sharing your experience at our hotel. It is true, we do host many families throughout the year and we do get busy in the breakfast area and business center. I am sorry that you were unable to enjoy all the amenities we provide during your stay.

Also, please know that I will address the cell phone issue with my team at our next service meeting. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and Travel Safe!

Reviewed June 28, 2010

Everything was amazing...staff excellent...breakfast superb...room fantastic...only complaint suzanne seemed more interested in her cell phone and laptop than helping coworker...everything was perfect though! Thanks wayne andd staff

Reviewed June 20, 2010

Stayed here one night with wife and 3 adult children for visit with relatives in Hershey. We did not go to Hershey Park, but this hotel is very conveniently located for park visitors. The price was very high for this level of lodging, but low compared to other options in the area. The hotel was clean and well maintained, with a typical breakfast buffet. Air conditioner blower ran continuously, which provided "white noise" to obscure any noises during the night.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
HIEHersheyManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2010

Greetings from Hershey and Thank You for your review!
We value the total guest experience and appreciate your comments. I will be sure to share this with my team!

Reviewed June 18, 2010

Staff were very accommodating when I had to bring my father along to attend a conference. They made arrangements to let him in the room early and stay until I finished the conference at the end of the day. Due to his medical needs I needed to be able to monitor him throughout the day. I was very impressed by how the staff worked with me to provide in these unusal circumstances. They took all of my dad's needs and mine into account. I felt like they were family. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Hello and Thank You for your review! We rely on the guest perspective in order to understand the total guest experience. I will be sure to share your review with my team.

Reviewed May 31, 2010

Wonderful stay! We got a great deal on a room through room saver, the staff was great, the room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. This was a great value!

Reviewed May 26, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while I was attending a business conference nearby. The rooms were well cared for and very clean. The hot tub was just perfect. The breakfast was tasty and there was a nice variety of food- much better than the conference food. Best of all was the front desk staff. They were very friendly and helpful. All in all this was a very good value. Don't hesitate to stay here when you visit Hersheypark.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
HIEHersheyManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2010

Thank You for your review! We truely appreciate your comments and we will be sure to share them with our team!

Travel Safe,

Wayne Ambrose, CHA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Comfort Inn at the Park
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area)? Share your experiences!