Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
$189
Comfort Suites Hummelstown-Hershey(Hummelstown)(Great Value!)
$134
$153
Comfort Inn at the Park(Hershey)(Great Value!)
$219
$209
ComfortInn
Econo Lodge Hershey(Hershey)(Great Value!)
$119
EconoLodge
$152
Super 8 Hershey(Hershey)(Great Value!)
$127
$199
Hotels.com
$229
$152
All reviewsfront deskgreat hotelclose to hershey parkfast foodstaff was very friendly and helpfulhershey attractionshotel staffhotel is locatedomeletstay there againconvenient locationindoor poola great stayclean roomshot tubhershey kissesadjoining rooms
Reviewed September 1, 2008

I came in late at night and wanted to sleep. When I uncovered the bed it was clear that the sheets hadn't been changed. There were PUBIC hair all over. When I called the reception they send a nice but confused guy up, whom I had to show how to change the sheets. No apology from the management, no deduction, nothing......

The rooms were American standard, but nothing to write home about. Certainly not worth the price. They can only charge that much because Hershey lacks space in the summer....

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank froe21
Reviewed August 3, 2008

That's pretty much it...nothing more than a decent place to sleep. Nothing really stuck out as being above average and nothing stuck out as being really bad. The room was just being made up as we arrived and it looked unfinished. I know it may seem like a trivial complaint but when the bed your about to sleep in looks like it was just slept in it's not very inviting. The room was also kind of damp, mostly due to the weather, but a higher AC temp would have made it more unnoticable. Room service available only in the evening was decent and not over priced. The pool was very small and served only to entertain my 3 year old for a few minutes. If someone else was at the pool with us I would have felt uncomfortable because it was very small in a small room. The location to Hershey Park is excellent! At $180 it was lower priced than any of the other chain hotels with the same amenities. Something I did take notice to was the friendly front desk staff. They offered cookies and chips to the children in the lobby and answered any questions about the area.
If traveling to Hershey I think it's good choice for a place to crash after a long day at the park.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 4, 2008

We were thoroughly pleased with our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. My husband, daughter (11), son (8) and myself stayed there for a long weekend to visit Hershey Park. We were not disappointed! In fact, we had booked a Springfield Suites room, but later on I found the prices for the Hilton and we were amazed at what a better deal we got for our money. Granted, i haven't stayed at the Springfield Suites before, so I'm sure they're nice too....but they were charging $280 a night for our room plus continental breakfast. At the Hilton Garden Inn, we had the room for $175 a night and that included a full breakfast each morning!
Our room was very clean and spacious enough for us to crash each night. The lobby was immaculate and the staff was very accomodating. I needed to call to get an extra sheet and pillow sent to our room and it was there in less than five minutes. That in itself is amazing! The beds were comfortable (though they claimed to be adjustable in pressure, but we couldn't find the control on the bed) and all the bedding was clean. Our bathroom was also very clean and offered Neutrogena ammenities, which was a nice touch. We weren't in the rooms all the long since we spent long days at the park and woke up early the next day to get there early again....but there were no problems at all. I'm usually very picky about hotel rooms and hearing other people, musty/stale smells, dirty bathrooms etc.....but the Hilton Garden Inn gives me nothing to complain about! :)
The best part though was definitely the breakfast. Our room price included the complete breakfast and it was perfect. You could get eggs, omelettes, waffles etc made to order. Then there were hot food items like breakfast potatoes, apple fritters, french toast, bacon, sausage etc in chafing dishes. There were also tons of continental breakfast items to choose from, such as yogurt, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereals, muffins, toast, bagels, danishes etc....not to mention the juice varieties, milk, hot beverages etc. It was a perfect start to our day and we didn't even feel like eating lunch until late afternoon because we had such a great breakfast!
We would highly recommended this trip to any family traveling to Hershey for a get-away!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank aimathy
Reviewed December 21, 2007

As a Hilton Diamond member, I stay at a lot of HGIs, and like the chain very much. This hotel is a bit unique because of its hillside location (making for a lack of close parking), but overall it is on par with other HGI hotels. Avoid the first floor because of the chlorine smell from the indoor pool, also plan on a lot of kids in the hotel. The breakfast was above average, and the waitress excellent. This is a good choice for being near Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Hershey Park.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank drichrx
Reviewed August 23, 2007

We recently enjoyed our third stay over the past 6 years at the Hilton Garden Inn Hershey. This hotel is located less than five minutes and just one traffic light from HersheyPark, Within walking distance is a Bob Evans, Pizza Hut, KFC, McDonalds and a couple of local eateries, across the street is an Applebee's. The hotels restaurant serves a very nice breakfast between 6 AM and 10 AM, which may or may not be included with your room depending on the package you choose. Our party received two free breakfasts as Hilton Honors Gold members. A broad menu is available by room service 24 hours a day.

The thing that distinguishes this hotel from others in the area is the cleanliness and level of service from the staff. A special treat for you and the kids is fresh baked cookies offered free in the lobby each afternoon. HGI used to offer soup in the afternoon but has switched to cookies as I think their customer base has changed from business travelers to families.

My favorite part of HGI is the lounge which is setup like a living room with a TV, fireplace and lots of comfortable seating. As an early riser, I go bonkers lying awake in bed waiting for my family to wake. At HGI I can dress and sneak down to the lounge where I enjoy free coffee and newspapers, not only USA Today but also offered is The Financial Times.

The hotel does have a small pool and fitness center located next to each other. The fitness center overlooks the pool which gave me the chance to use the treadmill and keep an eye on my kids in the pool.

The rooms are slightly larger than an average hotel room with standard amenities, TV with HBO, desk, sitting chair, refrigerator, microwave and coffemaker. The bathroom was clean and looked new, but it is a bit small.

The hotels location is lovely, located on a local street rather than a highway. In one direction you will quickly be to all the Hershey attractions. Leave the lot in the other and you are headed to the quaint little town of Hummelsburg. Further down will take you to Harrisburg, a great option if you get rained out at the park as we did. In Harrisburg is located a fantastic Civil War Museum and a great science center with IMAX.

In summary, The HGI Hershey is the right place for you and your family if you are looking for a clean, roomy hotel with nice amenities and great access to local attractions.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank NJDadTrip