“Welcome surprise”

Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel twice. Great service and value. I was not expecting the amenities offered (room service, pool, etc.). Hotel exceeded my expectations. Would recommend before Hershey Lodge, which is just an expensive motor inn.

• Stayed: March 2014
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Pennsylvania 1972,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and it is great to know that we have succeeded with your visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments with us and your fellow travelers. We can’t wait to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Hershey

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I enjoyed the comfort of this hotel, but it seemed to be lacking in the food arena. There was no free breakfast and the coffee stopped flowing after the morning. If you were lucky enough to get back to your hotel early in the afternoon they did have bran muffins, but once they were gone that was it. I did not make it back in time. Otherwise, my stay was nice and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

SF,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you to help us improve. Our food and beverage offerings have been recently reinvented with the Garden Grille, I appreciate your specific feedback about how we can improve. I am pleased that you enjoyed all other aspects of your visit and we look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I am thrilled to give another Hilton Garden Inn a great review.

Reservations were a cinch and easy. We need two adjoining rooms and I got what was promised. No hassle no problem.

Location: Superb. Very close to Hershey Park and food establishments

--Check in: We arrived in time for a cheerleading competition and, after a long drive, I was pleased to find good parking and an awaiting staff cheerfully waiting to accommodate us. Check in was easy with two great front desk personnel. The young lady who handled our check in directly was terrific.

----Lobby: Super clean and spacious with high ceilings with ice cold water and pastries available

---Elevators: non eventful.

---Room: Like the lobby, clean and very suitable.

Desk: Plenty of workspace and outlets for computer and gadgets.

Bathroom: Great. Clean and spacious enough for me.

Food: Limited food service menu but I was pleasantly surprised that there was even one. My burger was great as were the salads my daughter and fellow cheerleaders next door ordered.

Room Service: I so wish I remember her name, but staff who is reading this will know who I am talking about. The lovely lady downstairs who was waiting and managing the mini restuarant area was more than terrific. She brought the food up personally for the girls. I had ordered my burger downstairs and was about to bring it upstairs but when she saw that I was juggling other items, she insisted that she do it for me and rode the elevator up to my room and made sure I was set. Talk about over and above! My daughter and her friends adored her and took pictures with her as well. Sorry I forgot your name, but you were wonderful and I hope you will be recognized!

HVAC: No problem

TV: Nice flat screen

Housekeeping: Not there long enough to experience.

Technology: WiFi did not work, but I was too tired to address. I had my own portable wi fi anyway. Had I not, this would have been good.

Bed: fine. I forgot that it could be adjusted (like a sleep number) but I had forgotten.

Amenities: All there. Soap Shampoo. Nothing out of the ordinary

Cost: very reasonable

Business Traveler: Perfect for a biz person. Although I was there for personal travel.

Final thoughts: Clean, affordable, quiet, GREAT STAFF. Please recognize them!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank drjmr2000_8

Drjmr,
I am so pleased that you were able to join us for your recent competition. Thank you for your positive review of the hotel. Your willingness to share your detailed feedback is appreciated. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding our hotel service team. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. We will be sure to recognize them for the positive impact that they had on your visit. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I had a great stay during my business trip. Everyone on the staff was great, especially the front desk manager when I checked in. Love that the high-speed Wi-Fi is free. I was worried it would be laggy, but it worked great! Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Brittany,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our goal is to provide superior service and accommodations to each and every guest that stays with us, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. I will ensure your comments are shared with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn was very helpful, kind and friendly. They made us feel very welcome. It was a very pleasurable experience and I am happy I got to met some of the finest Hilton employees, Cassandra and Bill Mosley. I know where I will stay when we come back to Hershey :) I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Jeffrey,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. We try to make everyone’s visit memorable by providing the best comfort, the friendliest service, and the best of amenities; and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding our hotel service team. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests; I will be sure to recognize the people you mentioned for the positive impact they had on your stay with us. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I try to always stay at a GI as I travel for work. Rather than stay at Hershey Lodge, I opted for the cheaper cost of staying here (had a conference at Hershey Lodge). Breakfast wasn't good. Not at all consistent with the other GIs, especially the Harrisburg one on Tecport Drive. The sausage for breakfast was the huge links-almost like bratwurst! Ick. The overall atmosphere just wasn't like the others. No cookies when I arrived. No free water bottles when I checked in for being an Honors member. I did forget my toothbrush and they gave me one for free. The little things that matter were missing from this hotel. Won't be staying at this particular hotel in Hershey again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TouristTrap9597
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Brenda,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I regret that we missed some key opportunities to provide you with the flawless experience you have come to expect. We will use your valuable comments to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Steve and Manager were very helpful. I check in and took the shuttle to Hershey Hospital for test by Steve. They came back for me about four hours later. Hilton Garden Inn is a top notch, great place to stay. I just appreciate what they do for me. My dinner and stay were also great. Thank you again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

George,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the Garden Grille. We will be sure to let Steve know about the positive impact he had on your visit. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back again soon.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - Hilton Garden Inn Hershey

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!