“chocolate weekend pt. 2”

Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hummelstown
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here before and like it so we tried it again. Have to say the hotel is beautiful. It was redone and its absolutely beautiful. The staff is very nice and the rooms are very clean everything was just great. Perfect way to end our Hershey Chocolate weekend. Thanks you Hilton and Hershey!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Ms. Dejesus,
I am pleased that you were able to stay with us again for your recent trip to Hersheypark. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our service and convenient amenities; we are especially thankful that you are a returning guest and had an enjoyable experience on your return trip. We are truly humbled by your recommendation, and hope to see you the next time you visit the area.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Hershey

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I can't say enough good things. The staff, service and rooms were terrific. Rooms were clean, service in and out were swift, and the shower was awesome. I was very pleased and had a super stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Hershey park area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Julie,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed for a couple of days for a Hershey Park visit over July 4 weekend, including taking our daughters to the One Direction concert. Hotel was fully booked and the staff made efforts to get us into our room by the 4 PM check-in time – manager even came to find me in the lobby when it was ready. Nice room, large and clean. Only a single elevator on our wing, so sometimes slow going at peak times. Breakfast was decent quality, not fabulous. On one of our 2 mornings the breakfast area was a bit crowded and disorganized, seemed more people than the space could handle reasonably, I guess because of the full booking and perhaps more groups eating in than usual. On our second morning, much better. Location is quite convenient for Hershey Park, an easy 2-mile trip, except on this holiday weekend the traffic backed up heading towards the park around opening time. I was super impressed by the professionalism of all of the staff that we came in contact with, whether at the front desk, restaurant area, or maintaining the rooms. This is just one of those places where you can tell that there’s a pervasive culture of customer service – they really reached out to make sure that all of our needs were met or exceeded, as good as I’ve come across in a long time. We’d stay here again for future trips to Hershey.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Pajo,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for your visit to Hersheypark over the holiday weekend. Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I appreciate you mentioning the service and professionalism of our staff, we pride ourselves on it and it is great to know when we have met our expectations. I am glad that breakfast, cleanliness, and location of the hotel helped you to enjoy your stay. We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

With the comments below, keep in mine we were there over July 4th which I assume is a fairly busy time there.

Check-in - our room was not ready as we arrived quite early (1pm when check-in is at 4pm). They offered us the choice of switching to a room with 2 beds instead of the king/sofabed we had selected. We didn ot switch, but if we did we could have checked in right away. As it was, we went out and came back around 3pm and the room was ready

Room - very nice and clean. No uncleanliness issues to report. Maid Service was good, albeit early. We went to breakfast onem onring and returned @ 8:40am to have the maid already in our room cleaning. A/C worked fantastic as it was 90+ each day during our stay.

Pool - on the small side. Chlorine smell is on the strong side. I could handle about 30-40 minutes in there before my eyes were burning.

Breakfast - does get crowded, especially after 9am. Familieis were waiting for seats. Food selection was one of theb est for any Hilton I've been too. Custom made waffles, pancakes, omletes everyday was fantastic. They always had scrambled eggs, french toast sticks, bacon, sausage plus a plethora of different pastries, breads, fruits, and drinks.

Dinner - we were wiped one day and didn’t feel like the fast food circuit that is nearby this hotel. We ate here one day and I must admit I was quite surprised as to the quality of the food. It is by no means a 5 star and I don’t think it is intended to be. But, the options are price were excellent. We had fish, salads, and sandwiches and everyone was raving about it. A big plus for this hotel in that regard.

Parking was a non-issue as there is plenty of space.

They do have the Pavilion Pantry with some drink and food items. There is a bar that is open from 5pm - 9pm on a daily basis with TVs in sight to watch any certain type of programming.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 315Rob44

315Rob44,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for the holiday weekend. Thank you for sharing your detailed review of the hotel! I appreciate your mention of the anticipatory service your received and the quality of our housekeeping staff. We are happy to be able to offer our guests a great breakfast and are also getting great feedback about the new dinner service as well! Please know that we are correcting an electronic monitor in the pool, so during your stay levels were being monitored manually and should be back to normal soon. Your willingness to share your feedback is wonderful and I've no doubt future travelers will find this helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Nice rooms, yummy breakfast, very close to Hershey Park, walkable to cute "downtown" and other restaurants. Bed was firm, bathroom was clean, restaurant was good. Easy to find, very helpful staff. I'd stay there again when going to Hershey.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dena,
Thank you for taking the time to share your reflections about your recent visit. I am pleased that you were able to get out and enjoy downtown Hershey and that your found our location convenient for walking there as well as getting to Hersheypark. I appreciate you mentioning the service that you experienced and the quality of the hotel and restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in town.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The check-in process at this hotel, really at every Hilton Garden Inn, was fantastic. The service is excellent. I was overall very pleased with the stay and the quality of my room. My issues were minor; I was surprised to find a few bugs in my room and I thought the pool had way too much chlorine.

Warren,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit. I appreciate you mentioning the service that you were provided during your visit. I regret that there were some opportunities during your visit. Please know that we have the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience. We take hotel hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. As a result, we have established very strict standards of cleanliness. In the unusual event we are made aware of a concern; we respond immediately to the situation and take the appropriate steps to remediate the problem. We will use your comments about the guest room and pool area to monitor the quality in those areas. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I mentioned earlier the pools chlorine was way too strong. Otherwise we were extremely happy with the hotel and would recommend it. The buffet breakfast was exceptional and we loved the lobby! The service was also very very good!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Paula,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the hotel. I am glad that the service and amenities keep you coming back to visit. I regret that the chlorine levels seemed high during your visit. We do monitor them regularly and will increase that frequency to ensure the levels are correct. Thank you for bringing this to our attention again. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Portfolio Reputation Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hummelstown
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!